Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
The Institutional Client Business (ICB) develops and maintains relationships with institutional investors including public and private pension plans, insurance firms, official institutions, and industry consultants. ICB's product proposition comprises a broad range of both actively managed and index pooled/ segregated investments (traditional and alternative investment products).
The Institutional Client Specialist function aims to put client needs at the heart of BlackRock's institutional offering across products, solutions, and content. There are two key pillars:
Solution structuring: engaging with clients, regulators, and internal stakeholders to provide innovative solutions/ subject matter expertise on increasingly complex client needs (e.g. wrapper, domicile, tax etc.) Sales Initiatives & Delivery: end-to-end campaign management delivering themes and content from innovation through to commercialisation, informed by data and competitive intelligence Job Purpose/Background:
The candidate will join the newly created EMEA Institutional Client Specialist (ICS) team, reporting to the head of that team.
The candidate will be part of a team working on BlackRock's structured solutions engagement with pension clients across Europe and partnering with our Financial Institutions Group (FIG) and Insurance Solutions team on Insurance clients. She/he will be the co-ordinator of the sales initiatives engaging in close co-operation with BlackRock's institutional relationship managers, investment teams and product groups.
Together with the ICS team, the candidate will help drive ICB's product agenda (innovation, adaptation of current offering such as GBP/EUR feeders) - in close partnership with key stakeholders in this area such as GPG - to make sure BlackRock's offering is relevant and adapted to institutional clients' current and future needs. Key Responsibilities:
- Understanding needs and investment objectives across EMEA ICB's clients and help sales teams position appropriate BlackRock products and investment capabilities.
- Alongside the BlackRock product groups plan and define the product initiative calendar, including:
- Agreeing on initiative goals and client targets with EMEA ICB teams,
- Ensuring products meet the requirements of the client targets and relevant product collateral is available,
- Co-ordinate and implement the ICB product initiatives including:
- Co-ordinating promotion, events and PR activity with marketing and corporate comms teams
- Alongside the ICS team and the relevant product specialists, promote and roadshow key product initiatives internally and where required support EMEA ICB sales team with their client.
- Support consistent client feedback loop on existing and proposed new products via targeted external and internal engagements.
- Build thematic product content to feature with clients (in partnership with ICS, Investments, BII, distribution and marketing teams).
- Attend key client and industry events via targeted thematic engagements
- Ensuring periodic review of product and service offering, e.g. suggesting new products or client solutions
- Ensuring familiarity with industry and market developments
- Maintenance of client information on BlackRock's database (CRM)
- Bachelor's degree required; a Master/advanced degree is a plus
- Cross-asset class experience (with a preference for Alts/ Illiquids)
- Experience working in sales role with product promotion responsibility, experience in institutional marketing a plus
- Experience of working in a multi-national matrix organization is a plus
- Very strong sales and service orientation, to deliver the highest standards of customer service and stakeholder engagement
- English (fluency required); one other European language is a plus
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with personnel at all levels within BlackRock
- Strong presentation and technical skills required, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a solutions mindset and willingness to take on additional responsibility quickly
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.