As an Athena Desk Aligned Engineering Team Lead in JPMorgan’s Rates Technology, you will be based in London working for the largest interest rate derivatives franchise in the world. The Non Linear Athena Desk Aligned team are responsible for the design, build, and management of
As an Athena Desk Aligned Engineering Team Lead in JPMorgan’s Rates Technology, you will be based in London working for the largest interest rate derivatives franchise in the world. The Non Linear Athena Desk Aligned team are responsible for the design, build, and management of the Front Office pricing and risk management tools used by the Long Dated FX, IR Exotics and IR Options trading businesses. This is a critical area of revenue generation and competitive advantage where accuracy, performance and reliability are key elements.
As an experienced developer and team lead your mission is to help guide our innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements.
- Partner with the business to analyze and define requirements as well as roadmaps for the rapidly evolving product set and client requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the trading desk, operations, quantitative research and other technology teams to formulate innovative technical solutions to standardize and industrialize our approach to common problems.
- Develop enhancements and/or build new strategic solutions for booking, risk and lifecycle management of existing and new complex products executed by the businesses that we support.
- Collaborate closely with other technology teams to ensure that required changes are made in downstream or other core systems.
- Define development/project plans with key milestones & priorities in line with strategy, owning the full delivery.
- Participate in global code review & improvements, testing, Level 3 support and training on new implementations
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Experience with Python and Athena (or equivalent) is preferable
- Expertise in architecture, design and business processes
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Demonstrable experience in development, deployment and maintenance of commercial service oriented application(s).
- Self-starter with the ability to quickly pick up new ideas, concepts and technologies.
- Disciplined approach to code management, testing and deployment practices and high quality delivery.
- Experience of full project lifecycle, breaking requirements down into technical deliverables and effort estimation.
- Ability to work and lead effectively within a global team (spread across NA, EMEA, APAC etc.) whilst influencing and contributing towards the development of the global platform.
- Experience of senior stakeholder management with the ability to challenge the status quo and propose alternatives and develop strategic roadmaps.
- Experience working to tight time frames without sacrificing quality.
Desirable skills (not essential to apply)
- Experience of working in a front office environment within financial services
- Understanding of interest rate derivative products and risk measures.