Job Description Summary:
The Valuations team has wide experience in valuations of private companies. We serve enterprises of all types and sizes, covering a wide range of industries. We believe valuations should not be made as the result of a mechanical process alone. We use a variety of methodologies and techniques in deriving a valuation, but we also exploit our experience and apply our judgement to give our clients the quality of valuation advice they demand. As each valuation is unique, valuation work requires a high level of adaptability, flexibility and innovation, which we pride ourselves on being able to offer. Job Description: You will be responsible for:
- To take on responsibility for supervising Executives, undertake complex assignments and manage discrete areas of work.
- To manage assignments and assume a significant degree of input into the planning of work and the reporting of findings.
- To plan effectively, deliver projects on time and develop report writing skills.
- is aware of the wide range of Grant Thornton services and spots opportunities to sell those services to clients whilst articulating and promoting Valuation services to other departments
- is actively involved in office marketing events when appropriate and is an 'ambassador' of the firm
- utilises and builds up a network of contacts and attends external networking events
- seeks to participate in business development opportunities
- builds an understanding of the potential for selling into clients and intermediaries
- is aware that Valuations reports and the opinions given are dependent on the accurate and efficient analysis work being carried out by junior staff
- keeps organised records of work done and conclusions reached
- maintains assignment files and identifies key issues early to discuss the engagement partner; keeps them informed of progress
- carries out analysis work effectively and neatly without error, so that it can be included in any report provided to the client
- develops judgment and an understanding around legal and technical issues arising in an assignment, offering potential solutions and seeking advice when necessary
- attends presentations and can address more complex issues confidently
- ensures Executives follow agreed methodology for a particular type of case
- manages client expectations, undertaking an assignment manager role for assignments; manage the day-to day aspects of
- prepares job appraisals and agrees objectives with line manager
Who we're looking for:
- sets deadlines for self and junior staff and achieves them
- allocates tasks as work stream leader and reviews output,
- mentors and coaches Executives; appraises them giving regular feedback, completes timely appraisals and provides development opportunities
- actively seeks and manages opportunities to attend training courses, keeping technical knowledge up to date and developing managerial competencies through in-house training opportunities and keeps records for CPD purposes
Education, experience and qualifications: Minimum requirements
- You'll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
- A confident and highly motivated individual who has a strong academic background, with client facing work experience.
- A detail orientated professional with strong analytical skills combined with an ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously.
- An individual with experience of valuing intangible assets for financial reporting purposes and impairment testing analysis
- An individual that is comfortable working independently using their own experience and initiative but also managing subordinates, working towards delivering high quality written valuation reports
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
- ACA / ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Valuations experience suitable enough to be considered a manger
- Degree educated