Valuations - Senior Executive
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 13 août 18 2018-08-13
Job Title: Valuations - Senior Executive Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
We are a team of valuation specialists serving EY's clients across the FS sectors (banking and capital markets, wealth and asset management, and insurance).
We perform valuations for a range of purposes:
- Transaction evaluation and strategic planning for mergers, acquisitions, and corporate restructuring (including fairness opinions);
- Expert opinions and determinations (including dispute resolution);
- Financial reporting (fair value assessments), and
- Regulatory and tax.
As a Senior Executive, you would join our experienced team, leveraging your extensive valuation experience to oversee first class project execution and ensure we deliver quality client service, to enable our clients make critical commercial decisions and meet their regulatory and financial reporting requirements.
Our team sits within the FS Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team of c.180 members based in London, and is part of a global EY Valuation and Business Modelling (VBM) network of over 1,500 specialists.
About the role
You would oversee and manage the production of high quality valuation analysis and high quality valuation reports for a wide variety of FS clients, from listed multinational corporations, central banks and regulators to fast growth FinTech companies. Typical projects include the valuations of businesses and private companies, financial instruments including debt instruments, asset portfolios, intangible assets, and derivatives. You would work across the FS sector and develop a deep understanding of the commercial, technological and regulatory issues faced by our clients.
As a Valuation Senior Executive, you would lead small, diverse teams alongside colleagues with a range of professional backgrounds and experiences, each of whom bring unique ideas and perspectives to the team. A typical project would involve working with our offshore team in India, and potentially with cross-service line and cross-border colleagues. You would be expected to communicate confidently with senior colleagues and clients, as well as coach junior Analyst and Executive team members and contribute in their professional development, through both on-the-job training as well as leading formal training sessions. You would also take responsibility for maintaining and developing client relationships over the course of a project and beyond.
In addition to client work, you would be expected to contribute to ongoing business development initiatives within the Valuation team and the broader TAS department, including identifying strategic opportunities to grow our client base, proactively disseminating knowledge on market trends with colleagues, producing thought leadership articles, etc.
Skills and attributes for success
We require highly motivated candidates with strong numerical skills / technical knowledge, project management skills and a demonstrable interest and experience in valuation and financial services, as well as a commercial mindset, who are logical thinkers and have excellent attention to detail. We would welcome candidates with the following attributes:
- Four to six years of experience in a professional services firm, consultancy, investment bank, corporate finance group or corporate development role, with at least two years of demonstrable valuation experience.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of core valuation methodologies such as Discounted Cash Flow analysis, Dividend Discount Model, and the use of valuation multiples from comparable companies and transactions
- Strong knowledge and understanding of corporate finance, and familiarity with illiquid equity and debt / fixed income instruments issued by companies
- Experience of serving clients in the FS sector, with an appreciation of the key issues faced by our clients
- Strong quantitative and Excel skills, preferably within a valuation environment; knowledge of VBA or other programming languages would be an advantage
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly and logically explain complex valuation matters to clients and colleagues from non-valuation / non-finance backgrounds
- Logical and methodical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to balance multiple projects, prioritise workload and self-review work, with strong attention to detail
- Collaborative team player with experience of coaching and managing more junior team members
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Science / Engineering, or similar
- A professional accreditation such as the CFA, ACA/ACCA, or equivalent, would be an advantage
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.