Summary: One of the largest investment banks in London is seeking an experience structured finance Credit Manager to join the team at the Vice President level, with experience covering Aviation, Project and Trade Finance across the EMEA Market. You will be expected to work effectively with the front office, senior management and support departments, Contributing to meeting the Division's objectives by managing or providing consultancy advice to a portfolio of problem assets, with a view to protecting the Bank's position and maximizing the recovery of the Bank's capital.
- Assessment and management of Credit and its associated risks.
- Critically review transactional activities from front office, providing both recommendations and improvements.
- Carryout and in-depth scenario and option analysis of restructuring proposals, communicating your recommendations to management and the board
- Responsible for monitoring the portfolio of the bank and advising the sanctioning team on your recommendations to ensure any changes are actioned in a timely manner.
- Ensure all risk model(s) align with the set regulatory requirements as well as policies set by the bank.
- Responsible for communicating to both technical/non-technical audiences and collaborate with multiple functions across the bank (incl. Structed Credit, Origination, EMEA Credit Risk Management and Global functions across the bank).
- Actively engage with internal stakeholders, borrowers, sponsors, financial creditors and other third parties as appropriate to enhance the Bank's position and maximize recovery of Problem Loans
- A PhD or Masters in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Engineering or an equivalent in other science disciplines.
- 5 years' min. experience in Credit Risk with a focus on structured finance portfolios - Aviation, Project Finance - Natural Resources, Transportation, Infrastructure and Construction.
- Deep credit knowledge and experience of managing distressed structured finance transactions
- Experience working within the EMEA.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of products covering corporate lending, trade finance and derivatives.
- Proven experience working with legal documentation, key credit clauses and knowledge of the regulatory framework.
- Ability to work in a pressurized environment, handling large workloads and ensuring set deadlines are met.
- Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge and skills.