Wholesale Banking Lawyer
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- Resource Solutions
- 11 janv. 18 2018-01-11
Role Purpose Director level role and this person will be sitting physically within the Structured Acquisition Finance (SAF) Front Office team, liaising and interacting with the business on a regular basis.
Wholesale Banking Lawyer
City of London
ING is a top 5 European leveraged finance bookrunner with European teams in London, Amsterdam, Paris, Frankfurt and Madrid.
Director level role and this person will be sitting physically within the Structured Acquisition Finance (SAF) Front Office team, liaising and interacting with the business on a regular basis.
We are looking for a 5y-8yrs qualified lawyer with experience of Leveraged Finance within the last year. Someone able to get on with the business and deal with them directly.
- Provide general legal and documentation advice and support to SAF origination and portfolio deal teams in London and Paris
- Provide legal sign off on documentation
Core tasks and material responsibilities
Review documentation in order to give internal legal sign-off by confirming to risk management functions that the documentation accords with credit approval, ING policies and standards, and includes acceptable features
Maintain awareness of documentation trends and market position within the leveraged finance market generally. Identify unusual or "off-market" provisions during the course of negotiations/documentation review in order to bring them to the attention of the business and risk functions
- Review and advise deal teams on commercial grids/terms sheets
- Review, advise on and (together with deal teams) negotiate commitment papers, loan agreements, intercreditor agreements and CP documents generally
- Advise deal teams on approval levels and wording for credit pack
- Liaise with credit risk officers and other deal support functions as required
- Ad hoc advice to deal teams across the SAF global network
- Advise agency team and SAF syndication team on SAF originated deals
- Liaison with external counsel
- Negotiate confidentiality agreements, release and reliance letters and other ancillary documentation
- Participate in negotiations/conference calls/meetings in connection with transactions
- Arrange legal training and keep internal clients advised of relevant legal developments and relevant current market trends
- Participate in monthly meetings with other lending lawyers to share knowledge
A 4+ years PQE level UK (or similar common law) qualified finance lawyer who has trained and qualified with a major law firm, and who has strong recent experience advising banks or sponsors on sponsor driven leveraged finance transactions (ideally also with bridge to bond and high yield experience) and ideally with some previous in-house experience
- A confident, articulate personality, good at building client relationships, and able to take responsibility for, and prioritise, their workload without supervision