Windows, VMware and Storage engineer
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Optimus E2E
- 21 mai 19
Our client, a global investment manager, is looking for an experienced Windows, VMware and Storage engineer based in their London office to come on board to help make an immediate impact within the business.
· Project engineering, management and research for all Windows, VMware, & Storage projects.
· Assist other team members in managing Windows, VMware, & Storage systems (NetApp).
· Troubleshoot issues and provide root cause analysis as required.
· Use VMWare native tools to template / deploy / configure / manage Windows & storage Virtual Machines.
· NetApp and VMWare tools.
· Use VMware Site Recover Manager (SRM) and components.
· Monitor systems performance.
· Action requests for new Windows & storage systems.
· Help to cross-training other team members as necessary.
· Support for infrastructure and application development.
· Keep up to date with current market tech news and promote within the organisation.
· Datacenter management/engineering.
· Liaise with third party vendor operations management.
· Overnight and weekend support as and when scheduled.
· Computer science degree or equivalent.
· A minimum of 5 years in a server operations/engineering role and supporting NetApp technologies, including Clustered OnTap (cDOT) storage for CIFS and NFS (VMware datastores).
· A minimum of 5 years in a server operations/engineering role supporting "VMware" & "Storage" infrastructure with emphasis on project design and implementation.
· Advanced knowledge and experience of Windows Server Operating Systems.
· Advanced NetApp storage hardware.
· NetApp OnCommand System Manager, OnComand Performance Manager, Config Advisor, NetApp Management Console, NetApp Performance Console, NetApp SnapMirror replication.
· Advanced experience with VMWare ESXi and various components such as Site Recovery Manager (SRM), NetApp Virtual Storage Console (VSC), Storage Replication Adapter (SRA), etc.
· Any knowledge of the following an advantage:
· HP ProLiant tools.
· SCCM, SQL reporting services, .NET.
· Financial software i.e. market data (BBG, Reuters).
· Docker, Puppet, KiXtart.