Senior Finance Analyst – IT
- Maidenhead, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Maidenhead Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 21 mai 18 2018-05-21
The Senior Finance Analyst – IT role provides effective and timely financial support, including insightful analysis on key opex spend, monthly accounting and reporting, budgeting and forecasting, project support and decision support to key business and finance stakeholders.
This role sits within the Technology & Operations Business Consulting finance team. The Technology & Operations division of 3UK is responsible for the development and management of our IT systems, mobile network, new technologies, 3UK project delivery functions and key commercial relationships.
Reporting into the Senior Finance Manager – CIO & PMO, this role provides financial support to the teams that develop and enhance our IT applications and infrastructure and manage IT supplier relationships. You will provide key contributions to help ensure the opex budget is achieved, articulating the key financial risks and opportunities.
What makes this role unique?
Detailed financial variance commentary is vital to provide guidance and insight to the respective IT business areas and decision makers, and the T&O finance management team. As the Senior Finance Analyst you will gain ownership of IT cost categories, collaborating with finance team members and business stakeholders to provide insights into the key drivers of the costs.
Business partnering and supporting the IT business owners will be key to success in the role, and so you must be confident in presenting information to the finance management team and heads of. The successful candidate will draw upon their relationship building, financial analysis and presentation skills to provide guidance and key insights to IT decision makers and the finance management team. Early visibility of any risks and opportunities is vital.
This is a demanding role that requires a self-motivated and ambitious individual with a pro-active and delivery focused attitude. You will have great attention to detail and take pride in delivering accurate, clear and consistent outputs. You can manage both timetabled deliverables and ad hoc urgent requests. In a continuously changing environment, a flexible approach and excellent interpersonal skills will help you succeed.
What does the role involve?
- Accountability, along with the Senior Finance Manager, for the IT month end accounting and reporting activities, involving the production of accrual and prepayment journals, detailed review and analysis of key spend areas and the production and presentation of reporting.
- Responsibility for finance delivery of IT budget and forecast deliverables, ensuring a detailed understanding of the cost drivers is achieved and appropriately presented to a range of stakeholders.
- Build and maintain key relationships with IT business owners, finance teams and cross-functional teams.
- Contribute to the delivery of the 5 year plan.
- Support the business to deliver cost saving initiatives.
- Ad hoc finance support to the IT and finance teams.
- Process consolidation/improvement activities.
The type of person we are looking for.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified or Part Qualified.
- University degree.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
- Able to prioritise and deliver high quality/accurate/timely reporting.
- Experience of interfacing with commercial teams.
- Report writing and presenting to a senior management audience.
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills.
- Ability to operate in a demand led, rapid change environment.
- Technology/IT team financial support.
We've got big ambitions.
Ambitions that see us want to grow and become one of the nation's best-loved brands.
Sound interesting? That's just the start.
We're leading our industry in terms of change, and delivering amazing experiences for our customers. And our Finance team is the backbone of it all.
We're keeping up-to-date with new trends, reading the signals in our data, and making sure we’re on top of our numbers. Firing on all cylinders with a culture that not only takes care of our people but empowers them to deliver career-defining work.
All this means we need more brilliant people. Ones who share our ambition, and get stuck in with the next and most exciting part of our story.
Are you in?