Development Manager - Private investible Universe
The position will provide leadership within the Financial Markets -Solutions division responsible for the delivery of IHS Markit's Private Investible Universe platform. The role is responsible for leading global teams of Engineers in support of this mission with additional support from the wider technology organization. The ideal applicant will be passionate about technology, have an organized and creative mind-set (thought leader) that drives him or her to find innovative solutions to common problems with the right toolset.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Manage and lead teams of global developers to deliver quality product on time.
- Participate in system design and changes in system architecture
- Contribute to budget analysis as it relates to technology selection, project planning, and resource management
- Has current knowledge of technology landscape and developments
- Has experience in cloud enablement to increase ROI and create new business opportunities
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Mentor team on technology, process improvement and other work-related aspects.
- Responsibility for quality of all deployed applications and services
- Drive innovation and adaption of best practices.
- Staffing and capability building
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant real-world experience
- 12+ years of development experience building enterprise software or platforms in a financial environment (very much still hands on)
- At least 10+ years of experience leading technology teams
- Expert on data technologies (RDBMS, Messaging Architectures, Big Data concepts)
- Good background on leveraging cloud technologies
- Should have excellent architecture and designing skills
- Focus on Microsoft stack, but knowledgeable on cross-platform and open source tech
- Can handle both front-end and backend design
- Ability to deliver products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Has been part of financial software development for an extended period is ideal, but not necessary.
- Able to demonstrate good business acumen a plus.
- 10+ years of managing medium to large development teams.
- Thought leader with focus on delivery
- Displays energy, drive and stamina
- Can make decisions and take risks
- Analytical and can work with the business stakeholders daily
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with overseas team.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. T he company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.