Our client is a large infrastructure and energy business who invest in and operate large scale private and public sector projects. They have decided to recruit a Group Financial Controller and this appointment will be a key senior leadership role in the business, reporting to the Group CFO, and leading on all Group Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Controls, Delegations, Insurance, Pensions and Financial Risk.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the Group Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Controls, Insurance, Pensions and Financial Risk
- Leading on all periodic Statutory Reporting and Financial and Accounting Compliance
- Coordinating and leading the Annual External Audit process
- Coordinating and leading on the production of the Annual Report & Accounts
- Production and maintenance of Group Accounting Policies and Controls
- Leading the Group Delegations Framework and Investment Process/Business Cases
- Developing the Group Tax Framework, Optimisation and Controls
- Strengthening Groupwide Cash Management and Forecasting
- Leading and coordinating Group Financial Risk management and reporting
- Delivering of Groupwide Insurance framework, claims management tool, and renewals
- Delivering of Groupwide Pensions framework, move to career average, and M&A
The Successful Candidate will be:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with significant experience as a Financial Controller in a large private sector group
- A finance professional with sound technical IFRS, Tax and technical accounting knowledge
- Someone with an engaging leadership style and a track record of developing teams and people
- A natural business partner on accounting & internal control matters to non-financial leaders across the business
- Experienced in designing and developing ERP systems and consolidation tools
- An individual who can lead and develop Audit Strategies, working closely with Group Internal Audit
- Experienced in developing and maintaining an effective group-wide delegations framework and investment appraisal and approval processes
A background as Group Financial Controller or Financial Controller in one of (or more) infrastructure, energy & utilities, construction, FM & support services, manufacturing or engineering sectors. You will be an ambitious and respected finance professional keen to develop to the next stage of your career.
Apart from an excellent salary there will be an annual discretionary bonus, car allowance and pension plan provided.
Location: North West | Midlands