- Manchester, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Manchester Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 20 mai 18 2018-05-20
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh or Manchester as a Lead Engineer
- Lead a team of developers and set the technical direction for applications and solutions for our mortgages business
- Be part of a genuinely exciting project that will disrupt the marketplace, cutting the waiting time for a lending decision from days to minutes
- Work with the latest technologies and hone your leadership talents in a collaborative, agile and forward thinking team environment
- Develop your project expertise, as you work with senior stakeholders to deliver technical solutions which will play a key role in the future of our business and how we serve our customers
What you'll do
We want to strengthen our position as a top three lender in the home buying market by investing heavily in transforming the way customers buy homes, starting with the mortgage application process itself. We're going to make it faster, more automatic and more customer centric, using new technologies and approaches. As Lead Engineer you'll take a leading role in the technical design, development and testing of applications and services, leading a team of software engineers to deliver great quality solutions in line with agreed plans.
This will involve leading on solution design options and explaining the pros and cons to key stakeholders so the best decision can be reached. From initial planning to delivery, you'll be working closely with a wide range of business and technical stakeholders to ensure solutions are delivered that meet the needs of our customers and the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the team in estimating build and testing complexity
- Monitoring the technical progress made against plans while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance
- Supporting and mentoring the team in understanding software languages and technical domains
- Driving the adoption of software engineering principles, processes and best practices and keeping up to date with the latest technologies
- Liaising with engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand objectives, requirements and options
- Helping to define technical strategy and advising on product roadmaps and migration plans
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with extensive Java server-side development experience, and with knowledge of micro services, API development, test tools, CI, automated deployment, cloud PaaS and security.
We'll also expect:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with senior business and technical stakeholders
- Experience implementing programming best practice - especially around scalability, availability and performance
- Experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks
- Thorough knowledge of the software delivery lifecycle, established software development methodologies and agile delivery methods
- An innovative mind-set and the problem solving skills to translate product and business requirements into workable solutions
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.