Lead Solution Architect
Lead Solution Architect - Manchester
Harvey Nash are working with a leading brand based in Manchester as they seek to hire a Lead Solution Architect.
We are looking for Lead Solution Architect to join a growing team, where you will work on a large application portfolio of work with significant investment behind it to shape key areas of the organisation.
Working with the Head of Architecture and CTO, you will be responsible for the architecture and design of key system solutions across a wide range of technologies.
Within this, you will manage and lead a team utilising your expertise to impart knowledge and following through from design tracking the architecture through to the completion of the project.
In doing so, you will work collaboratively with an integrated internal team (and where appropriate supplier team).
We are looking for expertise specific to:
* Technical knowledge across enterprise technologies, systems and infrastructure, private and public cloud, development and DevOps toolsets
* Experience building and executing an IT strategy, maintaining a technology roadmap and being able to adapt to business, market and technical change
* Extensive experience of developing, mapping and maintaining a technical architecture including enterprise, applications, service, infrastructure and data using a recognised methodology e.g. TOGAF
* Extensive experience communicating complex technical information and informing the priority of spend, based on technical input and related risk vs. conflicting business priority
* Ability to understand and articulate the interactions between business functions, processes and IT components, how the individual parts interact with and impact the whole
* Demonstrable experience of maintaining knowledge of innovative, cutting-edge and emerging technology trends and solutions, ensuring that the business is able to make effective use of new technologies
* Experience of developing application, cloud and infrastructure transformation / migration strategies and plans
* An ability to provide architecture expertise & guidance to the Heads-of-technology, advising on possible solution sets and opportunities to increase capability
* An ability to provide architecture expertise & guidance to the business to ensure solutions are produced which adhere to a set of architecture guidelines
* A degree level qualification and/or equivalent experience in a relevant field Desirable
* AWS/Azure Softlayer
* WAN/LAN/Security/Data Centre Technologies
* ESB/Integration/Middleware (mulesoft)
* IoT/Smart Infrastructure
* TOGAF or equivalent certified