Network Automation Engineer (Junior)
Network Automation Engineer (Junior), Manchester
IHS Markit is about to embark on a business wide program of work to migrate all its products and services to the Cloud. It will deliver not only infrastructure transformation but also a technology and organizational one.
Global IT is seeking a junior Automation Engineer with a passion for IT and a good level of automation skills. Primarily responsible for helping develop automated network services for IHS Markit you will also have the opportunity to grow your skills through exposure to the latest technologies and by working closely with senior engineers.
A base level of networking knowledge is preferred but not essential. Any individual with a good technical grounding and a passion for learning will be considered for the role.
- Help develop IHS Markit's Network Automation Framework with the primary focus of delivering device configuration management and self-service capabilities
- Develop and contribute to high quality maintainable and re-usable software
- Work on projects that aim to reduce manual workload through automation and improve processes and tools
- Discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to improve development efficiency
- Validate developed solutions to ensure that requirements are met, and the results meet the business needs
- Show initiative, take ownership, challenge the status quo and drive simplification
- Work in a cross-functional development organization with IT, network architects and engineers, software developers, project managers and product managers
- Apply agile philosophy to continually improve team and organization performanc
- GCSE level or above education
- Python scripting experience
- An understanding of network fundamentals and technologies is preferred
- Have a deep interest in technology and a strong willingness to learn
- Have a hands-on attitude, flexible, adaptable and proactive
- Must be a good communicator with strong people skills
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.