- Manchester, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Manchester Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 20 mai 18 2018-05-20
See job description for details
Join us as a Principal Engineer in Edinburgh or Manchester
- Lead a new team of developers and set the technical direction for the delivery of solutions for our Mortgages proposition
- Work with the latest technologies and hone your leadership talents in a collaborative, agile and forward thinking team environment
- Develop your project expertise, as you work with senior stakeholders to deliver technical solutions which will play a key role in the future of our business and how we serve our customers
- You'll be leading and collaboratively shaping innovative solutions which make the mortgage process faster, simpler and most intuitive; there'll also be plenty of opportunity to grow your technical knowledge of key developments in financial services, such as open banking, automation and cloud
What you'll do
As one of the top three lenders in the Home Buying market, we are investing in transforming the way that customers buy homes, starting with the mortgage application process itself. You'll be leading a team of talented developers and engaging with new technologies to create and deliver solutions that will make the mortgage process faster, more automatic and more customer centric.
You'll take a leading role in the technical design, development and testing of applications and services and be leading the team to deliver great quality solutions in line with agreed plans.
This will involve leading on technical strategy, product design, migration plans and solution design options and explaining these to key stakeholders. From initial planning to delivery, you'll be working closely with a wide range of senior business and technical stakeholders to ensure solutions are delivered that meet the needs of our customers and the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the team in estimating build and testing complexity
- Monitoring the technical progress made against plans while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance
- Inspiring and coaching the team to keep developing and to deliver great results
- Driving the adoption of software engineering principles, processes and best practices and keeping up to date with the latest technologies
- Liaising with engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand objectives, requirements and options
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with significant experience in software engineering and design, or database design and architecture. You'll also need experience in providing leadership for a technical team and excellent stakeholder management skills.
You'll need experience designing and delivering solutions using AWS technology. And you'll also need an understanding of security, high availability, automated deployment, solution resilience, application monitoring and test automation.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work influentially with senior business and technical stakeholders
- Experience implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance
- Experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks
- Thorough knowledge of the software delivery lifecycle, established software development methodologies and agile delivery methods
- An innovative mind-set and the problem solving skills to translate product and business requirements into workable solutions
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.