Project Manager, Financial Services
Project Manager, Financial Services Company Overview:
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth. Department overview:
The IHS Markit Professional Services department handles customer engagements from product implementations to bespoke solutions across 15 products covering data management & aggregation, deal origination, trading & clearing warehouses, portfolio monitoring and valuation. This team handles all product implementations and integrations as well as any bespoke customer solutions. In addition, this team will manage customer upgrades from one version to the next and offer best practice reviews and advisory services to our clients for the product suite. A new team covering project management for high priority and complex customer projects as well as new product initiatives and cross product capabilities has been commissioned. Our goals are to coordinate with multiple scrum teams on many 3 to 6-month projects designed to deliver value often and frequently to our internal and external customers. If you think you have the right stuff for this team, keep reading. Position summary:
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for managing various engagements involving at times every aspect of the Professional Services remit including customized integrations, both internal and external, large scale development projects, beta tests and production implementations. A good mix of technical competency, business expertise and project management skills are required. The ideal candidate is a self-starting team player who is client focused and passionate about delivering the best quality solutions. This role is based out of the Dallas office but there will be occasional travel within the NA region to be with clients on-site when necessary. Individual projects can last between six to twelve months on average while an entire program may require multiple phases to accomplish. A successful candidate knows how to lead distributed teams globally, motivate people and understands how to navigate the company to get things done. Communication with all levels of the company is required. Duties & Accountabilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Direct and manage project delivery from start to finish while continually managing project expectations with internal and external team members and stakeholders
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with internal stakeholders as well as customers and partners
- Develop project plans and communication documents on project milestones, scope, issues, risks and opportunities
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Navigate the enterprise to support the teams and remove blockers
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Develop and deliver status reports, work proposals and presentations including steering committee deck
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Negotiate and collect sign-off confirming the client's agreement on project completion and "acceptance"
- Conduct project post project reviews and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project element s.
Education and experience:
- Candidates should be university degree level educated or equivalent
- 8+ years of software project management experience
- Proven track record of project delivery, software implementation and go-to-market experience gained ideally from a buy or sell-side environment
- Exposure to Capital Markets products/operations
- Understands technology concepts
- Project management certifications including PMO, CAPM, PMI-ACP
- Prior experience with software development lifecycle
- Strong business acumen is essential
- Ability to understand financial impact of any decisions/activities
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum and waterfall processes and its effects on commercial product management
- Proven track record working with clients
- Ability to prioritize activities by managing a constantly evolving plan measured against client requirements
- Experience in leading and coaching a team of talented individuals, focusing on their strengths and business needs to achieve high performance and desired outcomes
- Understands the power of influence
- Develop best practices and reusable tools for project execution and management
- Track and manage budget regularly to understand current and projected burn in relation to progress
- Relationship management with internal and external stakeholders
- Utilize tools including Sharepoint, MS Office, Jira, Confluence and Microsoft Project
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.