Senior Consultant, IT Risk & Assurance, Manchester
- Manchester, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 16 déc. 18
Senior Consultant, IT Risk & Assurance, Manchester
Technology is changing the way businesses are operating. New technologies provide businesses with the potential to deliver new services, operate in new markets and to change the way they operate. Associated with these opportunities come risks, our clients seek independent advice and assurance over diverse issues which include for example: the design and operation of their internal controls, the security of their business critical systems, the delivery of major IT enabled programmes, their relationships with third parties, and their management, stewardship and ability to exploit business critical data.
EY is recognised as a leading independent provider of risk advisory services, supporting organisations manage their risks, exploit opportunities and operate effectively. IT Risk and Assurance (ITRA) sits within EY's Risk business and forms part of a broader Advisory Services practice.
In response to strong market demand, we are looking to recruit a Senior Consultant who can work directly with clients, to help them understand and address the risks associated with the technologies that support their business.
The primary responsibility of ITRA Senior Consultants is to plan and deliver IT risk and control advisory engagements. Depending upon the size and complexity of the engagement, candidates may lead a small team or carry sole responsibility for technical delivery. Examples of IT risk and control advisory engagements include:
- Assessing clients' IT environments and IT-related business processes that support the financial statements to determine the extent to which reliance can be placed on the internal control environment
- Identifying and remediating control and performance gaps compared to leading practice, helping clients gain stakeholder buy-in, reduce risk, and increase value and visibility of IT cost
- Assisting organisations in the identification and management of information security risks by assessing the current state, prioritising improvements and conducting projects to reduce risk and improve regulatory compliance
Within the context of client engagements, specific responsibilities include:
- Planning, budgeting and delivering engagement for review by ITRA Managers or Senior Managers
- Gaining an understanding of the clients' IT applications and infrastructure to determine the effectiveness of the control environment through performing and reviewing process walkthroughs
- Reviewing detailed analysis of the control environment to gain assurance over effective operation of controls
- Identifying control weaknesses and any mitigating controls
- Reviewing working papers and supporting evidence in line with internal compliance requirements
- Effectively articulating control findings to key client stakeholders.
- A successful track record in Internal and / or External IT Audit with experience gained through a 'Big 4' organisation
- You will have experience working in IT risk and control environment
- You will also be able to understand how to assess core IT-related controls
Profile / Skills
- Highly professional with ability to work in challenging, diverse and evolving client environments
- Flexible with the ability to learn quickly and leverage skills in new situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to build strong client relationships
- Strong team working skills are essential
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- A passion to contribute to the growth of the practice
What we look for
As an ambassador for the IT Risk & Assurance team, you will need to build a strong network internally and be able to exceed our clients' high expectations. We are seeking high performing individuals who have been recognised for exceeding expectations.
Throughout the assessment process, we will look for strong evidence of:
Core consulting skills:
- Advanced data & evidence management, client management on remediation programmes, driving innovation & continuous improvement
- Strong technical insight, practical knowledge & capability in your specialist capability
- Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.