- Manchester, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Manchester Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 19 mai 18 2018-05-19
See job description for details
Join us as a Software Engineer in Edinburgh or Manchester
- Design and develop state of the art applications and services in the mortgages space and help us shape the future of our business
- Work with the latest technologies and hone your technical expertise in a collaborative, agile and forward thinking team environment
- As well as developing your technical talents you'll have the opportunity to build project and leadership skills which will open up a range of exciting career options
What you'll do
You'll design, develop and test applications and technical solutions in line with business requirements and the needs of our customers. This will involve working with lead engineers, architects and business stakeholders to build an understanding of business needs and collaborating to deliver innovative solutions to agreed budget and timescales.
You'll be working on programmes related to the mortgage application process, using the latest technologies to enable simple, responsive and intuitive customer journeys.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering well thought out estimates after a thorough consideration of design, build and testing complexity
- Building your understanding of our business' architectural direction and principles and ensuring new developments progress in line with these
- Designing and developing high-volume, high-performance, high-availability applications using proven frameworks and technologies
- Delivering software components to enable the delivery of bank platforms, applications and services
- Writing unit and integration tests within automated test environments to ensure code quality
- Keeping up to date with the latest technology developments and sharing best practice
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a background in software engineering and design, or database design and architecture. You'll need experience using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of agile approaches and how to operate in an agile development group
- Full Stack capabilities and a range of design, development and implementation skills
- Knowledge of DevOps approaches and working practices
- An understanding of Financial Services, particularly retail banking and lending products
In addition you'll have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate across teams and business areas to deliver solutions
- An innovative mind-set and the problem solving skills to translate product and business requirements into workable solutions
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.