Sales Enablement Executive
- Northampton, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 12 nov. 18
BPS is responsible for supporting a wide range of businesses from large corporates to prosumers with taking payments. BPS’s multichannel approach supports face-to-face, over the phone, online and mobile, including in-app transactions. BPS is both an acquirer and processer of card transactions; it is responsible for Barclaycard’s payment acceptance network and is the second largest acquirer in Europe. BPS currently processes 32% of card transaction value in the UK and serves over 100,000 customers.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Our two clearly defined divisions, Barclays UK and Barclays International, provide diversification by business line, geography and customer, enhancing financial resilience and helping to contribute to the delivery of consistent returns through the business cycle. We have a strong core business with exciting prospects, well positioned to deliver long-term value for our shareholders.
Consistent with the objective of delivering long-term sustainable value for all our stakeholders, we have developed our Shared Growth Ambition – our approach to citizenship and the sustainability of the business model we operate. The aim is to make decisions and do business that provides our clients and customers, and the communities which we serve, with access to a prosperous future.
The delivery of our strategy is underpinned by the energy, commitment and passion of our people, and we are clear on our common purpose: to help people achieve their ambitions, in the right way.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
We’re in the business of firsts. We’re one of the largest payment providers in the world, and we have a simple ambition. We want to be the most recommended brand to help consumers buy and sellers sell, every day. What makes us different is our drive to delight our customers with bespoke and brilliant solutions.
About Barclaycard Business Solutions
Barclaycard Business Solutions (BBS) is a portfolio of business to business to consumer (B2B2C) businesses including merchant acquiring, commercial payments, and point-of-sale (POS) finance. Our focus is on making clients more successful by allowing them to always make the sale, help them pay and to help them to promote and sell
Overall purpose of role
To provide a service to the wider Sales teams that creates the best possible customer outcomes and experience along with value driving activity for Sales Enablement. The role holder will work alongside multiple areas of sales that could include Account Development, Corporate Sales and Partnerships to deliver these key results.
Account Development Support 70%
- This element could include clients from across Account Development and Partners and specialist units such as Franchise models.
- Co-ordinate introductions from the wider business and group if suitable.
- Proactively manage customer operational issues / request for information / MI – taking ownership and ensuring delivery.
- Assist with development of and revisions to Customer Relationship Plan.
- Monitor level of customer service and satisfaction based on CSAT and Barclay’s Group internal satisfaction surveys.
- Arrange and undertake product presentations where appropriate, e.g. DCC, Prepaid cards, MTU and Contactless.
- Prepare information for and attend customer meetings as appropriate.
- Undertake service reviews and make recommendations to Account Development Managers for areas of improvement.
- May be required to act as a product champion, liaising with representatives from other internal teams to provide expertise in their area.
- Preparation and implementation of strategic sales campaigns, business development or initiatives.
- Determine the products that most effectively meet customer need and be able to sell, at short notice, on a proactive and reactive basis to support the Account Development Support team target.
- To act as the pinnacle point between the client, New Business Managers and all relevant internal/external stakeholders/colleagues.
- Remote Consultancy for Clients and NBM.
- Identifying live dates and ensuring deadlines and objectives are met.
- Working with New Business managers within the Corporate Sales teams to manage all operational aspects, engagements and processes within the implementation process, ensure highest levels of operational governance and quality achieved. Personal time management of day to day activities to maximise return on resources for the business and clients.
- Support the wider Enablement teams on achieving the best results for key objectives.
- Support Champion and buddying schemes to share knowledge and support team members.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Develop and maintain own contacts with customers to act as a principal point of contact.
- Work with the Account Development Manager to identify potential new business development opportunities within an organisational structure and maintain database of such opportunities.
- Supporting the Account Development Manager, work with Credit Risk teams, the Tender Management Team and the Pricing Team to manage the evaluation and execution of large sales proposals in response to tenders.
- Driving and managing clients, internal/external stakeholders to meet the deadlines set.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Identifying and recommending appropriate actions to resolve any issues that have the potential to stall implementation.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Knowledge and Expertise
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Full and extensive knowledge of Barclaycard Payment Solutions.
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of Barclaycard Payment Solutions business and operational/sales structures and processes.
- Working knowledge of the card acquiring schemes, their drivers, industry dynamics interchange and future product/service deliverables.
- In-depth knowledge of the card acquiring industry and competitor solutions.
- An up-to-date knowledge of industry related technical development.
- Thorough knowledge of the Business to Business sector.
- Fully aware of industry trends (UK and overseas).
- Knowledge of Barclays Group and Barclaycard Payment Solutions strategies relating to relevant domestic and overseas markets.
- Total awareness of, and focus upon, the interests and relationships in existence with any prospective customer.
Experience, qualifications and other requirements specific to the role
Essential – Training will be given
- Knowledge and understanding of Barclaycard Payment Solutions business and operational/sales structures and processes.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of the card acquiring industry.
- A full sales/business development, implementation or relevant service-related background.
- Proven customer skills with the ability to build, maintain and leverage relationships at all levels, for the benefit of all parties.
- Demonstrably strong communication skills, with the proven ability to present both concepts and technical/operational information at all levels within a solution-sales environment.
- May have experience in the Business to Business Financial Services Sector.
- General knowledge of Corporate Banking in Barclays.
Key Issues over the next 12-24 months
- Show the value in providing the best possible customer outcomes and focus on value driving activity through Sales Enablement.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- On regular occasions, challenging deadlines will require a flexible approach to working.
- The role requires a high level of interpersonal skills demonstrated by good oral and written communication and a team player who is friendly and confident when dealing with customers and Sales colleagues.
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question ‘What is Barclays for?’ and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.