- Oxford, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Oxford Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- 24 mai 18 2018-05-24
A hands-on role working as an accounting generalist with a focus on AP
Requisition ID: 2018-6428
# of Openings: 1
A hands-on role working as an accounting generalist with a focus on AP.
Approximately 50% of the role will be hands-on daily routine. The other 50% will require technical and systems skills for tasks which are varied and sometimes complex, allowing the individual to use their experience to the full. The business requires both SME and corporate skills.
The role works closely with the finance manager, cost accountant and management accountant to provide analysis, support, reporting and process improvement in areas across the department.
• General accounting duties to ensure accurate processing of transactions.
• Responsibility and management of Accounts Payable and Cash Management.
• AP processing including supplier payments, credit card, employee expenses and related journals. Ensure that VAT and Duty Deferment are correctly submitted each month.
• Cash management includes banking and FX.
• Maintenance and oversight of all AP accruals and Prepayments (e.g. GRNI).
• Ownership of the Royalty AP process each quarter and other periods as appropriate.
• Period-end tasks to enable timely and accurate submission for internal and external reporting deadlines (reconciliation, reporting, sub-schedules) to strict timelines.
• Assists with periodic disclosure schedules and account analysis for COGS and Opex.
• Analyses costing information to ensure up to date costs are maintained.
• Supplies balance sheet and income statement variance analysis.
• Assists with quarterly internal controls review for assigned control objectives required by section 404 of Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Provides work guidance and training of transactional / mid-level tasks to lower level colleagues.
• Depending upon assignment, may manage day to day workflow of others in department.
• Prepares internal ad-hoc management reports and contributes to special projects, notably harmonizing German subsidiary processes.
Skills and knowledge required:
• High level of Excel skill to include in depth knowledge of formulas; maintaining complex interlinked sheets; ability to build and modify MS Query. Can create robust well documented worksheets with error checking built in.
• Demonstrable process improvement experience.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Full driving license.
• Able to travel to Europe for short durations 2-3 days 1-4 times a year.
Desirable / Preferred:
• Language: German is an advantage.
• Manufacturing or healthcare background.
• Leadership skills and ability to coordinate others.
• Experience working with internal and external auditors.
UK equivalent degree in Accounting or recognized professional qualification
Exceptional PQ or Finalist ACCA/CIMA will be considered depending on experience.
Minimum of 3 years in a similar role, working within a multinational corporate environment.
Line management experience as the role is required to manage the Accounts Assistant.
NB: The role has restricted annual leave around accounting close and audit cycles.
25 days holiday including extra day for Birthdays
Free onsite parking
As a permanent member of the team we also offer Pension matched up to 8%, BUPA cover extending to family, Life Insurance & Childcare Vouchers.
This role is office based in Kidlington 5 days a week.
If you live over 50 miles from Kidlington, Oxfordshire please indicate if you wish to relocate or commute in your application / cover letter.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘Apply’ with an updated CV.
All applicants must be fully eligible to work in the UK
*Bio-Rad does not accept agency CVs, unless the agency has been authorised by a Bio-Rad Recruitment Specialist. We have a zero tolerance policy therefore we will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1227512
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad has a portfolio in excess of 11,000 antibodies and associated reagents, which are sold in over 55 countries world-wide, through both direct sales and via a network of global distributors. The portfolio business is complemented with a leading range of custom antibody manufacture and generation services, including recombinant monoclonal antibodies produced via Bio-Rad’s HuCAL® technology.
The antibody business is headquartered in Kidlington, near Oxford, England, along with its main production facilities.