Employment Tax Consultant, Reward, Global Employer Services, Tax, Reading
Deloitte are looking for individuals with a background in either Audit or Tax to move into an exciting and specialist area of our business.
Deloitte has a longstanding reputation of expertise in the field of employment taxes consulting, built up over many years of advising a wide range of UK and global companies. We are offering a unique opportunity to work in a stimulating environment, with an exceptional team, advising a prestigious client portfolio.
This successful and expanding team is experiencing growth even in the current challenging environment. This means that there is ample room for career development and progression. We will provide you with the tools to reach your full potential and beyond, with no barriers. Achieve your aspirations by working with the best in the market.
Our Employment Tax Consulting business support clients with managing employment tax risks and to identify opportunities to add value to their organisation. At the moment our business is operating in a period of unprecedented legislative change which presents an exciting environment to advise clients. It is also at the heart of high profile economic issues impacting employers, such as the 'gig economy', the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy and changes to the law on flexible remuneration. Your role
Our Consultants take the lead on delivering key parts of our client services. As a Consultant, you will use your commercial awareness and professional expertise, along with leveraging the skills and expertise of others, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for our clients. You will have the opportunity to own or manage key elements of a client relationship and, with an appropriate level of support, will be expected to proactively identify innovative solutions for your clients and pursue new business development opportunities by utilising your networks and market knowledge.
You will act as coaches to junior team members and enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise with others, as well as continuing to build your own technical expertise or specialism. Your desire to work as part of a team is critical to the role.
Your work, your choice
- Assisting clients with understanding complex tax law/HMRC interpretation
- Assisting clients with identifying employment tax matters that could impact the success of corporate transactions (and due diligence)
- Researching employment taxes case law and precedents
- Providing advice on the tax treatment of all aspects of employee remuneration, such as salary, equity, benefits and expenses.
- Commitment to building and maintaining employment tax technical knowledge by attending structured development programmes and supplement by additional reading/research
- Assisting clients with HMRC liaison and disputes
- Delivering quality advisory work to clients. For example, drafting correspondence to HMRC, participating on annual compliance projects, drafting advice to clients on various employment tax matters and considering the tax implications of proposed remuneration structures
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- To have an active involvement in client meetings and encouraged to contribute or lead where appropriate.
- To focus on your personal and technical development. We take development very seriously and you will benefit from continuous training and a transparent, interactive appraisal process. With no micromanagement or quotas for promotion, you will be empowered to manage your own workload and achieve career goals that you set yourself.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based at our Reading office, with an option of working from home one day a week
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis. Your professional experience
Your service line: Tax Consulting
- A full appreciation of current employment tax legislation, being qualified or part qualified with ACA, CTA and fully qualified at ATT;
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral;
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, meet deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Strong client engagement and management experience with the ability to develop new business;
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness;
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment rapidly and to respond to clients appropriately in this context
- Good team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels;
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it's all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You'll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you'll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLTAXC BATGES LOCREA
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 169871