Retail Banking Consultant - £45-£60k
- Salaire : £45,000 - £60,000
- Lieu de travail : Reading, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
- Entreprise : JCW Search
Our client, an advisory focused consulting practice is looking to recruit a retail banking consultant to join their practice on a permanent basis.
Within Advisory Services (AS), our key objective is to help firms raise standards thereby enabling them to safeguard their reputation, mitigate regulatory risk and ensure positive outcomes for customers. AS has a key USP in the market which offers an end to end approach delivering and embedding a long term compliant culture in line with the regulator’s vision.
The overarching aim of the Regulatory Consulting Team is to advise and assist clients in order to protect and enhance business value by identifying and managing regulatory compliance risk.
- Feed into and contribute to the implementation of the business plan for the Regulatory Consulting Team, in line with the firms strategic objectives.
- Be an ambassador for the firm across the industry and lead on regulatory, client and industry stakeholders’ relationships.
- Win contracts and lead teams in the provision of consultancy services across the spectrum of UK Retail Financial Services.
- Take responsibility for the leadership, management, support and development of the projects.
- Be accountable for the quality of their output and wider client delivery.
- Meet standards for the Regulatory Consulting Team on risk management, cost control and resource utilisation.
- Contribute to developing and sustaining the organisation as a leading Senior Consultant
- Delivery on financial and organisational targets in line with the agreed business plan which are to deliver as per the agreed Consulting Business Plan.
- Development of good working relationships with other key stakeholders within the business to ensure a joined up and collaborative proposition, in particular Customer Service Delivery, People, Learning and Development and Sales Directors.
- Continuous development of the reputation of the Consulting practice through diverse media including client meetings and networking, external publications, attendance at events.
- Ensure high levels of utilisation and seek to identify opportunities on current projects and in the wider market.
- To ensure staff are annually appraised and provide development opportunities in line with their own PDPs and the wider Consulting objectives.
- Expertise and knowledge in Retail Conduct Risk related issues.
- Full understanding of the FCA including both current and emerging issues affecting firms and its approach to supervision.
- A strong track record of consulting and problem solving in teams and on projects.
- Experience of liaising at a middle / senior level to form strong relationships and facilitate the selling of consulting projects.
- Good working knowledge of UK Retail Financial Services, including regulation, market activity, competitor activity and industry trends. The successful candidate is likely to have a minimum of five years’ experience in a Wealth Management firm or similar organisation.
- Experience of translating operational requirements into delivery solutions.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong project and organisational skills.
- Holder of Financial Services Qualifications, to a minimum of QCF Level 4. Preference will be given to candidates who have achieved Level 6 and / or have G60, AF3, or a recognised pension specialist qualification.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
To work with, the firms employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
- Confidential, reliable and genuine
- Dynamic, passionate and determined
- Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."