Credit Controller - Redhill, Surrey
Fantastic Global organisation looking to add highly talented and driven individuals to their SME Credit Control Team. This role will be part of the team responsible for ensuring that collections in debts are made in a timely and efficient manager.
- Chase outstanding invoices from 10 days outstanding to over 100 days on a duel fuel portfolio to exceed various cash collection targets
- Work on a ledger of 300-400 accounts, using a methodical approach to analysing debt in order to prioritise customers correctly
- Make and receive large volumes of calls (target 30-40+ on average per day) to maximise cash collection
- Use knowledge and experience of utilities to resolve or escalate a wide range of queries
- Take responsibility to gather and understand information regarding customers and their contracts, to decipher reasons for non-payment and be able to negotiate mutually satisfactory conclusions
- Focus on converting customers to Direct Debit payment
- Adhering to all health and safety policies and reporting any issues or incidents immediately
- Responsibility for managing their activities to ensure all relevant Health and Safety risks are appropriately mitigated
- Apply logic and common sense when solving problems, including issues regarding liability of debts
- Manage relationships with other departments and give constructive feedback to help them eradicate errors and resolve queries
- Contemplate outside influences, how these will affect our business and how we can limit risk
- Apply effective decision making to ensure correct credit action is taken to progress each case
- Utilise the wide range of tools available to assist in debt collection
- Effectively and professionally communicate with internal and external customers through verbal and written
The ideal candidate must not only possess excellent communication skills but also enjoy negotiation, investigation, data gathering and understanding technical information.
Salary £25,000 + 10% Bonus and great benefits.
Location: Redhill, Surrey
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.