Finance Analyst (Qualified)
Location: Reigate, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
The Role We are looking for a self-motivated candidate to work within the Investment, Risk and Reinsurance Finance Team to provide support on revenue recognition under the new standards as well as monthly reporting and analytics. The role will primarily support ICT but some tasksThe Role
We are looking for a self-motivated candidate to work within the Investment, Risk and Reinsurance Finance Team to provide support on revenue recognition under the new standards as well as monthly reporting and analytics. The role will primarily support ICT but some tasks may be expanded to provide across IRR support. The role will involve establishing strong working relationships with members of the finance community, operational, legal and business teams. Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Reconcile system generated revenues to expected revenues and investigate anomalies
- Liaise with technical accounting team to ensure revenue recognition follows the policy and respond to queries as required
- Enhance reporting for business leadership team to allow for understanding of revenue drivers and support for decision making
- Produce detailed variance analysis for revenues versus prior month, forecast and plan
- Review the monthly reconciliation process for deferred revenue and ensure output is transparent and complies with new standards
- Ensure SOX controls are followed and adequate support is provided
- Assist with the preparation of the entries required to convert the US GAAP accounts to UK GAAP and explanations to audit teams
- Planning and forecasting modelling to support ICT Finance Business Partners including input of data to Planning system
- Prepare accounting entries for revenue sharing across ICT business and re-allocation of costs and specific non-standard provisioning
- Support the business in understanding of revenue sharing and resolving queries
- Manage and support client revenue queries from business leads
- Report on controllable costs and action re-allocations as required
- Provision of other ad hoc financial reports as requested.
- Qualified accountant
- Understanding of accounting standards changes
- Advanced Excel with good knowledge of PowerPoint and MS Word
- Experienced in use of Oracle systems, including Hyperion
- Strong analytical modelling and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and hit tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with others across functions
- Attention to accuracy and detail.
The Company Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.