Oracle DBA *Security Clearance Required*
- GBP450 - GBP475 per day + On Call Neg
- Rugby, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- Aston Carter Ltd
- 13 févr. 19
Provide DBA Production and Development Support Services to a major Oracle estate. Ensure that issues and changes resulting from live incidents, maintenance or approved change requests are identified, resolved and tested prior to authorised implementation. Ensure that the estate is maintained at the correct levels to provide optimal performance to the business community and meet the standards set in agreed service levels.
The estate primarily comprises the Oracle eBusiness Suite (Payroll, HR, Finance and CRM) with a RAC database. A Strategic Management Information (SMI) solution using OBIEE with an Exadata hosted data warehouse. A Hub interface between the main database and satellite systems, some of which are also in-house while others have third party COTS packages as their front end.
High Level clearance required
* Maintain the Oracle EBusiness 12.2.5 system running with an Oracle 12.1 2 node RAC database on IBM AIX 7.1 with no cloud ability.
* Maintain the Strategic Management Information (SMI) system - Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 184.108.40.206 with Informatica 9.6.1 and DAC 11g running on a mixture of AIX and Linux.
* Maintain the SMI Oracle 12.1 Data Warehouse system hosted on a 2 node RAC Exadata V6-X2.
* Maintain Oracle 12.2 databases on IBM AIX 7.1 and Oracle Linux with no cloud ability.
* Install Oracle software patches to the relevant environments according to the patch's instructions, as directed by the Patching Manager. This includes patching of the applications, database and RDBMS.
* Monitor and tune the database environment, to ensure system integrity and performance.
* Respond to and resolve database problems to ensure system availability. Ensure that the operations team are able to make direct contact when on call. Response to problems should aim to ensure that service levels are adhered to.
* Ensure the Disaster Recovery system is always receiving shipped logs and they are being applied in a timely fashion to meet the SLAs. Ensure that the DR system is patched in accordance with Live so that failover can occur in the shortest timescales.
* Monitor and action tasks in the DBA Group Email Inbox and ensure that resolutions and actions are performed in the required timescales.
* Action allocated incident investigation and ensure that resolutions and actions are performed in the required timescales as prioritised and agreed by the DBA Team Leader to ensure Measures of Performance are adhered to.
* Be available for scheduled out of hours maintenance tasks and on-call rotas as agreed with the DBA Team Leader. The system is supported 24/7/365
Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2 HRMS, Payroll, Finance and CRM skills with an Oracle 12.1 Database on IBM AIX 7.1
Oracle technology installs and upgrades to current 12.1 and 12.2 Oracle databases on IBM AIX
Oracle technology installs and upgrades to current 12.2 Oracle databases on Oracle Linux
Multi-node installations with RAC and load balancing
Patching and Cloning Oracle Applications ASM and non-ASM environments
Oracle Fusion Middleware
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition technical skills
RMAN Backup & Recovery
Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c install and management, including AMS
SQL & PL/SQL
Unix shell scripting
Disaster Recovery with Standby and Fail-Over
Good time-management, team working, networking and persuasive skills
DV clearance or SC cleared with progression to DV or ability to obtain such clearances. For this site the applicant must be a British national. If naturalised the applicant must have 10 years residency in the country.
Ability to attend site out-of-hours if required for on-call response.
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis group of companies, the fourth largest staffing group in the world, (collectively referred to as the "Allegis Group"). TEKsystems, Aston Carter and Aerotek are trading names of Allegis Group Limited. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/privacy-policy. Please note when you give us your data, we will share it within Allegis Group and this involves the transfer of such data outside the European Economic Area, subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice.