Selby Jennings is working on behalf of an oil and gas focused trading and risk management software provider who are seeking an experienced New Business Sales Director to join their team and spearhead their business development efforts throughout EMEA across Brokers, Oil makers, Utilities and trading houses. This role is remote based and can facilitate anyone based in Europe.
- The key focus is to generate new business and go to market and expand the client base within the EMEA
- Meet assigned annual sales quotas
- Initiate and drive the sales cycle from first contact through to closing out deals - leveraging internal expertise where required
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations and demonstrations of the software, articulately and confidently
- "Own" the territory internally.
- Keeping a record of territorial market trends and requirements and sharing the insights with the product teams
- Working closely with the Marketing team to help with campaigns and events throughout the year
- 8+ years experience selling electronic trading software or risk management software solutions with a commodities/oil and gas focus.
- Strong, proven sales track record selling directly to the financial industry or/and the commodities and energy industry.
- Previous experience of selling Software solutions, ideally, trading platforms, risk management platforms, OMS, EMS, and SaaS
- Proficient knowledge of Salesforce or comparable CRM system
- Expertise and comfort in making cold calls and leveraging professional network
- Strong negotiation skills