Development Engineer Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
This Analyst Developer role is based within HSBC's Retail Banking and Wealth Management IT team.
This Analyst Developer role is an exciting oppourtunity to gain exposure or to develop upon financial industry experience, by joining a high performing team of software engineers who maintain and develop new features on HSBC's Core Banking systems, based upon COBOL CICS DB2 and digital platforms. Specific techincal training can be made available to candiates who demonstrate an apptitude for the role.
The Analyst Developer will undertake the development & deployment of new / amended functions and in the on-going systems support of existing production applications. It will require working successfully within a Global team, with UK and offshore based colleagues, on a project by project basis. Your responsibilities will include:
Qualifications The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
- Applying development expertise to develop new functionality on HSBC's Core Banking systems
- Designing and engineering software with the customer/ user experience as a key objective
- Working with a range of UK based and offshore stakeholders and vendors
- Designing, developing and deploying applications capable of meeting the anticipated load, performance, availability, security and resilience requirements
- Ensuring service resilience, service sustainability and recovery time objectives are met for all the software solutions delivered
- Experience of working within a team to deliver large, complex projects
- Experience of applying analysis skills to deliver Change
The base location of this role will be Sheffield.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.