The Quilter Group is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management, with a portfolio of £118.7 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers worldwide (as at October 2019). Our focus is on creating prosperity for the generations of today and tomorrow by providing financial solutions for investors around the globe, and we operate primarily in two main segments – Advice & Wealth Management and Wealth Platforms. You won’t just find diverse, talented and friendly teams here. You’ll also discover an inclusive culture and every opportunity for personal and professional development.
The main purpose of this role is to assess the impact and manage the assurance and oversight over operational risk for the Quilter Group Finance Function ensuring full compliance with the Group Operational Risk Framework. Operational risk is the risk of loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people and systems or from external events.
About the role
Some of the key responsibilities of this role are:
- Leading the capture, documentation, assessment and assurance activities for all Operational Risks for Group Finance.
- Evaluate the level of inherent risk exposure and work with the teams to design appropriate controls to reduce the residual risk to within risk appetite.
- Perform testing over the design and effectiveness of in scope key controls, ensuring adequate coverage per the agreed methodology.
- Perform walkthroughs of high risk / complex areas to assess adequacy of control design.
- Provide operational risk MI and reporting to senior management and the BU CFOs , which provides assurance and oversight over the effectiveness of the management of Operational Risk within Finance (in line with the services agreed under the Service Management Framework).
- Perform bi-annual Risk and Control Self Assessment for Finance, ensuring all relevant systems and documentation are kept up to date, actions are recorded and effectively owned and tracked.
We are looking for an individual with the follow skills, knowledge and experiences:
- Recognised as a subject matter expert for Operational Risk management in roles held previously, including the evaluation of risk and identification of effective controls to manage risk to within appetite
- Experience of Financial Services and regulated environments would be advantageous
- Ability to review and interpret complex policies and associated standards and turn these requirements into practical and commercial risk management activities and recommendations on best practice for their Function.
- Internal/External Audit or assurance experience
- Proven track record in solving complex problems, identifying solutions which are in the best interest of the Group as well as the function
- Extensive experience of managing and influencing outside of own team, pulling together members of different teams to achieve a shared objective
- Ability to work independently with guidance required only in the most complex situations
- Excellent organisation and planning skills ensuring all activities for which the role holder is responsible are delivered on time and in budget where appropriate
- Leads by example and influences across the organisation
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Core Benefits (Perm)
- Holiday: 26 days
- Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
- Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
- Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
- Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
- Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence
In addition to our core benefits, we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.