At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
Your role as part of the CSIRT is to proactively manage, respond and mitigate IT Security incidents affecting the company’s IT systems.
You will work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G plc operational risk.
Key Work Level Accountabilities:
- Accountable for delivering a quality service and product to customers and stakeholders
- Focuses on quality of delivery to achieve clear outputs within guidelines and precedent
- Runs the organisation's processes and systems following pre-defined procedures
- Adapts to change, responds with initiative and make suggestions for improvements to own work and processes
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Participate in the full lifecycle of a security incident; preparation, identification, investigation and post incident activity.
- Liaise with relevant technical domains, the Business and the Managed Security Services (MSS) provider (SOC) to resolve IT Security incidents.
- Working closely with the SME’s in the Security Solutions and Engineering team where 3rd level expertise is required on any incident.
- Develop and maintain the CSIRT’s processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain IT security incident run books.
- Gather threat intelligence from internal and external sources and act upon information when appropriate.
- Manage internal and external investigations into confirmed or suspected incidents providing system forensics where required.
- Liaise with peers to ensure the overall service delivery to customers is effective and identify where there are opportunities to evolve services.
- Works with SOC Managed Security Services (MSS) provider on continual service improvement plans
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A good understanding of cloud environments in particular Azure and AWS.
- A detailed understanding of SAAS, PAAS, IAAS and the responsibility split of each environment type.
- Detailed operational knowledge of Windows/ Linux platforms
- A working knowledge of networking principles, including software defined networking
- Wide-ranging security knowledge of technologies and architectures across several of the following environments: Network (IDS, Proxies etc.) Host based security
Additional Technical Knowledge and Experience Required Includes:
- A thorough understanding of signature and signature-less security tools, encryption products, system hardening, industry standard security applications, exploit methods, and common vulnerabilities and exposures is required.
- Operational knowledge of Windows; Linux; AIX, Solaris, and other UNIX; and iOS/OSX operating systems is required, including experience with Windows Active Directory and Unix/Linux system administration
- A working knowledge of networking principles, including TCP/IP, routing, DNS
- Wide-ranging security knowledge of technologies and architectures across several of the following environments:
- Network (IDS, Proxies etc.)
- Mobile Security
- Encryption / PKI
- Data Loss Prevention
- Desktop (Microsoft)
- Anti-Virus / EDR / Malware
- Midrange (Unix, Windows)
- A working knowledge of malware analysis and reverse engineering.
- An understanding of forensics analysis
- Scripting / coding experience
- Knowledge of cloud & container technologies and solutions (particularly Microsoft Azure, Kubernetes)
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.