Infrastructure Design Lead
- £50,000 - £70,000 a year dependent upon skills, experience and current remuneration
- Swindon, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Swindon Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Nationwide Building Society
- 26 juin 18 2018-06-26
Infrastructure Network Data and Network Security Designers (Infrastructure Design Lead) £50,000 - £70,000 a year dependent upon skills, experience and current remuneration Permanent, full time position, 35hrs per week. Based at our head office in Swindon.
The Infrastructure Development department is responsible for the design and delivery of all new infrastructure for Nationwide’s projects and programmes. As a member of the design practice within Infrastructure Development, you will be working closely with IT and business stakeholders to develop network infrastructure solutions which implement architectural strategy and meet business needs.
Nationwide is undergoing a major network transformation journey, involving leading edge technologies such as SD-WAN and ACI/SDN data networking, to enable and underpin Nationwide’s business and IT strategy. We are also maturing and evolving our Cyber protection journey to protect services for our members.
Who we're looking for
You’ll be an experienced network infrastructure professional, practised in producing complex network designs. You will be able to build good working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders and be able to gain their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism.
As a minimum you’ll have:
• A proven track record in producing infrastructure network designs for large scale technical solutions.
• Strong communication skills and ability to relate to and influence employees at all levels.
• In depth knowledge and experience of either:
o Network Data: LAN, WAN, Wireless
o Network Security: Prevent, Protect, Cyber
• In depth knowledge of Network protocols and methodologies, such as layer 2/3/4, routing protocols, SSL, VPN, Load Balancing, DNS, Traffic Flow Mapping
• Ability and desire to quickly comprehend the functions, capabilities and benefits of new technologies.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Certified design professional accreditations such as CCDP or equivalent
• Practical knowledge and experience in B2B solutions and Data Centre technologies such as Cisco, F5, Intel Security, Juniper
• Experience of regulatory environments such as PCI or GDPR.
What you'll be doing
Working as part of a team of designers, you will be responsible for delivery of innovative, complex and multi-disciplinary network infrastructure designs that provide optimal business and customer outcomes, whilst maintaining the required commercial and strategic focus and architectural alignment.
When required, you will also be providing oversight of contract design resource and appropriate delivery partners to ensure effective delivery of infrastructure designs.
Key accountabilities will include:
• Producing and reviewing network infrastructure designs.
• Applying relevant policies, standards, best practice and architectural strategy to ensure most efficient creation of infrastructure designs.
• Identifying and escalating solution inter-dependencies, risks and exceptions across multiple projects and programmes to protect the integrity of the wider infrastructure landscape.
• Managing relevant stakeholders and relationships across the business.
• Contributing to the continual improvement of Infrastructure Design across the change lifecycle within Nationwide.
• Collaborating on strategic proof of concepts and pilots for new infrastructure technologies.