Finance Business Partner
DESCRIPTION We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening in 1995, we've been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Year-on-year, we're growing more and more rapidly. To support us in maintaining this, we're seeking a savvy, motivated Finance Business Partner to join our high-quality Fulfillment & Operations network. We need you to function as the go-to source of business intelligence, as you support our busy Operations to continue working as smart as possible.
You'll be joining one of the UK's Fulfillment Centers. These facilities are at the heart of Amazon's rapidly growing business: they're where we handle our fast-moving inventory. Our associate teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out: each of these groups have played their part in taking us where we are today.
It's in this logistics environment that you'll teach us a thing or two. You're the type of professional who knows how to spend time wisely, you understand the financial details that matter, and you instinctively know which details don't add value.
Finance Business Partner responsibilities:
In your day-to-day, you firmly believe in the saying: "don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today". You will:
• Use your expertise in the collection, analysis and management of quantitative financial data, as you create meaningful reports,
• Define and promote business improvements, while recommending cost reductions,
• Leverage extensive data via root cause analysis to uncover any underlying process or finance related issues,
• Assist your facility with necessary improvements or process changes, as well as aiding the creation of new measures to bolster site productivity,
• Recommend, develop and implement policies and programmes that guide our Operations in maintaining (and improving) its current position and profitability,
• Coordinate the development of all weekly and monthly financial metrics, alongside all financial planning, forecasting and reporting models,
• Take care of continuous innovation regarding your area of expertise, as you aim to improve your deliverables, while making them more readily accessible for everyone,
• Work with data source providers and technology teams, ensuring that key financial decision data is accurate, automated and delivered in a timely fashion,
• As an analyst, you are a quick thinker: able to handle complex priorities while providing level-headed guidance, even during unexpected events.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering, or any similar discipline with a clear analytical bias,
• You have gained significant, relevant experience in similar positions,
• Proven financial experience, including deep familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as in root cause data interpretation,
• Intermediate to advanced-level proficiency in Excel; you are comfortable with macros, pivots, lookups and more,
• You are comfortable performing ad hoc financial analysis using data reporting tools
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experienced with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos): you can provide recommendations for strategic decision-making,
• Solid problem-solving ability, alongside previous analyst experience, particularly in root cause analysis,
• Highly analytical and detail-oriented, you possess a good business sense,
• You combine your professional competency with an ability to develop new ideas, and creative solutions: you also have a proven history of implementing these to great effect,
• Organised multitasker: you prioritise your workload, enabling you to meet tight deadlines, while achieving results, especially in a ever-growing, high-pace environment,
• You're a proven communicator, when working with multiple peer groups and varying levels of seniority,
• Previous analyst experience in the financial side of manufacturing, logistics or distribution centre processes is a nice to have.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.