Applications & Escalations Analyst
Infrastructure and Applications Engineer A Leading Financial Services Business are looking to hire a Technical Support Analyst to work within their Bridge Operations Team.
Infrastructure and Applications Engineer
A Leading Financial Services Business are looking to hire a Technical Support Analyst to work within their Bridge Operations Team.
Department Description Bridge Operations provide 24 x 7 x 365 operational onsite cover in the UK and India.
The team has 4 fundamental responsibilities:
- Managing monitored alerts, escalation and reporting - all infrastructure and application monitoring systems deliver real-time alerts to the Bridge Operators. The Bridge Operators co-ordinate escalation and reporting, and if required, invoke the Major Incident Management process.
- Overnight batch processing for major business applications.
- Remote access secure login management through the storage and management of tokens, and access approvals for restricted areas such as data centres.
- Backup & recovery, providing tape management, scheduling, monitoring and reporting of restore operations. Services are provided to the business across all international locations.
Purpose of your role
To work on the tools and production systems which Bridge Operations use to maintain their services to business and customers, supporting the Senior staff on shift and escalating any issues, incidents and exceptions to the Shift Lead, etc. to avoid unexpected impacts to SLA, services or deliveries.
- Alert monitoring and escalation using HPOpenview (Solarwinds, OEM, SCOM and COMMTEK)
- Meeting SLAs for engaging on-call support staff
- Completion of scheduled tasks
- Reporting of exceptions
- Batch processing, management of exceptions and reporting for GFAS, Sungard Links, scheduling tools Control-M and Autosys.
- Ensuring SLA's are understood & known.
- Maintenance of tape media records and reports including scanning, loading and preparation for transportation.
- Backup and restore tasks, including tape allocation, running scheduled and adhoc backups for iSeries systems.
- Processing access requests for restricted areas
- Customer reporting under strict guidelines and SLA.
- Taking Service Desk calls out of business hours
- Participation in DR planning and testing
- Ensuring business requirements, risks and service levels are known and understood
- Holiday and sickness cover Experience and Qualifications Required
- Ability to establish & follow through schedules
- Ability to establish & manage dependencies & associated risks
- Outstanding communication skills
- An analytical mind and systematic approach to both planned and unplanned problem solving.
- Customer liaison skills
- Previous experience of IT Operations experience (or similar) with responsibility for escalation and communications
- Experience in using Help desk systems and processes
- A good grasp of quality processes
- Technical processing capability or aptitude
- Early identification of problems and a proactive approach to resolution