Load balancers, it would involve configure our products internet facing access using load balancers, so they are highly available across sites, with occasional failovers to alternative locations for BCP plans or for failure in one datacentre.
Routers, switches and firewalls, its about ensuring our internal networks are protected from external threats, as well as directing traffic through the proper routes across all offices and the internet.
IT Support Team Leader Win 10, Office 365 TCP/IP Networking Woking, Surrey £45k
The IT Team Leaser will be responsible for a team and will be the escalation point for European sysadmins and system engineers.
Key Technical Skills
- Advanced knowledge of networking and services in the Microsoft environment (Windows 10, Office 365 and Windows Server 2008/R2/12/R2/2016)
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP Networking, Firewalls and Load Balancing technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of Server Administration on Windows 2008/R2/12/R2/2016, DHCP, DFS, Printing, Active Directory etc.
- Experience of working with monitoring tools, particularly PRTG and System Centre Operations manager.
- Troubleshoot and solve complex problems from initial discovery to resolution, without any repeat occurrences.
- Acting as team leader and primary escalation point for European sysadmins and system engineers.
- Diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults.
- Responsible for high level office 365 administration.
- Responsible for Server administration.
- Responsible for Network administration, including Firewalls and load balancers.
- Responsible for Azure administration.
- Responsible for checking alerting systems and managing system alerts.
- Assisting with infrastructure upgrades & change control of infrastructure
- Inventory & auditing of the physical assets and maintenance contracts, ensuring asset registry is kept up to date.
- Helping with handover and training from the Projects team, to Operations teams globally.
- Adherence to ITIL standards and best practices in Incident and Problem management.
- Logging user incidents and queries.
- Triaging logged tickets.
- Analysing call logs to spot trends and underlying issues.
- Asking targeted questions to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Following up with customers, to ensure problem is resolved.
Beneficial Technical Skills
- Prior work experience with Monitoring tools preferred
- CCNA or MCSA certification preferred
- Knowledge of ITIL, ISMS will be an added advantage
- Exchange 2016 and hybrid with O365.
English language is essential, as will need to communicate with offices abroad in the UK, Czech Republic, Luxembourg, Zurich, Hong Kong and Australia. More offices globally are likely to be added over the coming years.