Senior Financial Controller – exciting e-money / international payment services provider.
- Basic upto c£100k + equity plan
- Woking, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Woking Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Excelsior Search
- 18 juin 18 2018-06-18
A true career opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join a fast growing international payments service provider with an e-money institution licence. Clear career plan to take over the reigns from the current CFO in c12-24 months, and then take the company on through it’s next investment event.
Our client is an established high growth fintech and payment service provider, which is Visa and Mastercard approved and with FSA authorised electronic money (e-money) institution status. Following a recent investment event the Board are taking to company “the next level” with the expansion of their customer base and the launching of new disruptive e-money services. Certainly a very exciting company at the forefront of international payment technologies and services for B2C and B2B merchants.
As part of their growth and future succession plans they are appointing a high calibre Financial Controller, to lead the small finance and treasury team and managing the day-day company finance processes. It’s a varied role and responsibilities include:
- Team management and leadership.
- Manage merchant invoicing and settlement processes, and client accounts.
- Daily reconciliations of e-money control accounts.
- Company payroll, creditor and debtor control.
- Manage FX risk and execute currency transactions.
- Merchant profitability reporting, and supporting the Board with other financial analysis and reporting.
- Company management accounts.
- Responsible for internal control framework covering accounting, finance and treasury.
- Design, improve, implement and enforce accounting policies and procedures.
- FCA compliance.
Appropriate candidates will have the following experience and skills:
- Strong “all round” financial controller type experience. Given the varied finance and treasury type responsibilities that comes with being a payment services provider, they are ideally looking for a similar breadth of experience. Ideally you could have experience working within the payments industry, perhaps for a payment services provider or payments fintech firm, but this is not a pre-requisite.
- Must be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified with post qualification experience.
- Experience managing a small team.
- Strong communication skills, and customer focus.
- Flexible approach with willingness to be “hands-on”.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to continually seek system and process improvements.
- Culturally comfortable with a high growth entrepreneurial environment.
This really is a superb career opportunity, joining a company at the forefront of e-money services in a finance and treasury management role that is core to their business model and growth plans. There is also a very clear succession plan for this person to “take the reigns” from the current CFO within 12-24 months, so all together a very unique opportunity.
Keywords: Financial Controller, Finance Manager, VP Finance, Finance Director, CFO, Chief Financial Officer, Head of Finance.