In line with Candriam strategy of strengthening our risk management and reducing our risks, we are looking to re-enforce the internal IT team with a business analyst.
As an experienced analyst, the BA will be in constant contact with the risk managers and will relay between all concerned business units. You will be asked to challenge the requests and to help define the best solution for Candriam to
- Limit our operational risk
- Analyze solution to limit financials risks
- Assist risk managers to define tools to analyze market risks, exposure
- Integrate risk management tools in the day to day management of portfolios and funds.
We also would like you to be hands on, and work with the system to set-up and define the best way of operating.
Understanding business processes and workflows is a key elements to understand and manage the operational and related financial risk of a Global Asset Manager.
As IT Business Analyst you help our Risk Management team ensuring that risks inherent to the Portfolio Management activities are identified, assessed, treated, monitored and reported appropriately.
More precisely, you will participate or lead projects from an IT perspective related to any request expressed by the Risk Management team and support them in the design and implementation of risk management applications and processes.
You work as a member of our team of talented individuals with a broad range of analytical and technical skills.
Your responsibilities may include the following various possibilities:
- Act as business or functional analyst in different risk domains (credit, market, operational...)
- Playing the role of interface between the business parties and the technical team and translate business requirements into detailed business specifications for IT
- Participate to the enhancements of Charles River as main risk tool solution
- Proactively suggest tailor-made solutions, taking into account the client's environment and his capacity to comply with the different regulations
- Set up and coordinate Business testing
- Write user guides and functional documentation and organize business training
- Report to the responsible of IT Front and Risk management
In addition to this role, you will be able also:
- To build and maintain close relationships with our internal clients, from Front Office to Risk Management
- Participate in business development initiatives or internal projects
Required Skills & Competencies
Must Have Requirements:
- You have a Bachelor /Master degree in finance, economics or informatics
- You have at least 3 years of experience in the banking sector and good understanding of how risk models, data and processes interact.
- You have good functional/technical skills related to software solutions similar to Charles River
- You have good communication, writing and presentation skills with the ability to explain sophisticated issues in a simple but professional way.
- Languages: French, Dutch, English