Job Description Provide credit analysis in the form of discrete pieces of analytical work. The Associate role provides an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the Ratings & Research Support (RRS) and Ratings & Research (R&R) teams, by providing a range of analytical support services that contributes to the overall credit analysis function performed by these teams.
This role will focus primarily on supporting the US Public Finance Group (PFG) dedicated to rating US governments, not profit and public institutions, and there is potential for cross-training in supporting varying asset classes and methodologies, as part of career progression.
The Associate position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry. Key Responsibilities
- Perform preliminary credit analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach and presentations, following guidance provided by RRS Team Manager. Examples of analytical work include:Preparing financial spreadsheets and charts, analyzing data and financial statements, building and updating financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical commentary in accordance with Moody's methodologies.Identifying trends in data and using analytical ability, applying judgment to form well thought out credit conclusions.
- Develop working knowledge of Moody's methodologies in order to apply to credit analysis.
- Interpret and analyse financial data provided by Financial Data Associates (FDAs) group to perform the preliminary credit analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issue and issuer credit ratings under full supervision and guidance from the RRS Team Manager.
- Support credit monitoring/surveillance of issuers by e.g. preparing data for surveillance, periodically updating preliminary components of analysis, and initiating/escalating deeper credit reviews when necessary.
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks as directed by RRS Team Manager.
- Maintainig analytical integrity of a portfolio and to continuously seek opportuniites to improve business process under guidance of manager,
- Assist with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for improvements to Moody's proprietary systems.
- Work as a team with other Associates in RRS, under overall supervision of RRS Team Manager.
- Liaise with various stakeholders including analysts and managers regarding special projects and requests for information while maintaining high performance in core responsibilities.
- Minimum undergraduate/ first level degree (e.g. Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent qualifications).
- Preferably some relevant experience in finance, economics, actuarial science, public policy or public affairs.
- Solid Accounting background or CFA candidate with strong focus in financial analysis (e.g., through coursework, or relevant work experience).
- Basic knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint. Intermediate skills in MS Excel preferred.
- Proficiency in working with large and complex data sets
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required;Spanish and Portuguese preferred
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.