Associate Economist 2 - 12 Month Fixed Contract
Job Description We are looking for a quantitative Economist whose primary focus will be on economic forecasting and macroeconomic analysis; macroeconomic model specification and estimation; analysis of countries, industries, and regions; and general Client and Senior management support.
We expect the Economist to have a strong quantitative background to be able to develop, maintain, operate, document, and validate variety of macroeconomic, market risk and optionally credit risk models using state of the art statistical and econometric techniques. Rigorous econometric modelling and coding is highly benefitial.
The Economist will also contribute to Moody's Analytics publications and various research products, including Economy.com, and engage in internal and external presentations.
- Strong academic background - Masters in Economics, Finance, Statistics or Mathematics (or related subjects) is essential.
- Excellent skills in both written and spoken English required.
- Knowledge of econometric techniques and ability to communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely.
- Strong programming skills in STATA, R, E-Views, SAS or similar statistical platforms is an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels.
- Client focused.
- Team player.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Ability to work using own initiative and without close supervision.
- Solid proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.