Associate Consultant Technical
Job Description: Essential Job Functions
- Develops application software (new program code or enhancements to existing code) of medium to high complexity from detailed technical specifications (Technical).
- Develops database queries and stored procedures of medium complexity to support data analysis and/or technical programming responsibilities (Technical).
- Executes test scripts for system, integration and/or user acceptance testing and documents technical test results (Technical).
- Contributes to the creation and content of appropriate Catalyst work products (primarily technically oriented) with guidance from subject matter experts (Methodology).
- Maintains awareness of current business trends (in consulting services and offerings, packaged solutions, and industry best practices) that are relevant to the company and clients (Business).
- Understands basic information about the structure of client assignments (e.g. project plan/scope, statement of work, pricing strategy) and how individual efforts contribute to timely and profitable delivery for the company (Management).
- Demonstrates professional image and presence; gains confidence of clients, management team and peers (Relationship Management).
- Is service-oriented and seeks out ways to expand role (Leverage).
- Develops ideas and communicates status, issues, designs and plans to peers and immediate manager both orally and in writing (Communication).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or related field preferred
- Zero or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience working with business, management, and technology concepts
- Experience with company's differentiation from competitors through business strategies, primary solutions and offerings and industry focus areas
- Good research, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment
- Ability to produce work products under pressure and within deadlines
- Willingness to travel
- Office environment
- May require evening or weekend work