Job Description: Summary
Provides business consulting services to clients; contributes to the design and delivery of business solution components; supports the efforts of more experienced consultants; plays quality assurance role by reviewing team work products to ensure that they are accurate, consistent and meet client requirements; serves as a business resource on a team or as a team leader for other business consultants. Essential Job Functions
- Supports business design activities related to application software, data and packaged solutions (Business).
- Analyzes requirements and develops high-level and detailed business process designs to the elementary business process (EBP) level and derived logical process (DLP) level (Business).
- Coordinates acceptance testing and creates high complexity test scripts for the business area that contain multiple cases and cycles (Business).
- Contributes to applying the Catalyst framework, in the role played, to determine the methodological steps that are appropriate for an engagement (Methodology).
- Leads a team of 3-5 company resources, in area of expertise, to conclusion of a project phase (Management).
- Designs and reviews designs for the user system interface (USI) for business applications (Technical).
- Establishes credibility at all levels with clients and builds problem-solving partnerships with clients and colleagues (Relationship Management).
- Understands sales process, information and support requirements, and assists sales staff in identifying leads (Leverage).
- Communicates in formal presentation settings including medium sized groups, internal and external project teams and business unit events; develops written communications to address varied styles and information needs (Communication).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or related field preferred
- Three or more years of experience in business analysis and design, preferably within a consulting environment
- One to two years of relevant experience in a particular business or industry specialty area included
- Experience working with issues and considerations for selecting business application packages and vendors
- Experience working with delivery assurance principles and procedures
- Strong analysis and design skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- Ability to devise creative business solutions
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex business problems
- Willingness to travel
- Office environment
- May require evening or weekend work