My Client, a European Investment Bank is looking for an Vice President with High Yield experience to join their team. The right candidate will be responsible for the origination and execution of their European High Yield business. The role is based in Paris.
- Lead high yield transaction execution, which involves guiding the issuer through the new issue process from start to finish. This includes running the due diligence process; co-ordinating with auditors, rating agencies and legal counsels (both issuer’s and underwriter’s); co-ordinating with high yield sales and syndicate; handling the listing issues; co-ordinate and arrange investor roadshows; and all other responsibilities associated with a new issue.
- Monitor and stay up-to-date with European high yield market trends, including the progression of transactions in the market, pricing, AMG fund flows, forward calendar, leverage multiples, trends regarding structures (e.g. subordination / inter-creditor issues), etc.
- Work closely with and train junior members of the Capital Markets staff, overseeing all aspects of their activities
- Work seamlessly with the loan syndications team, as the credit analysis of leveraged loans and bonds is very similar.
- Write bridge loans to bond take-outs, and managing the risk until each bridge loan is refinanced.
- Prepare indicative term sheets for bonds and high yield bridge loans.
- Credit and comparable analyses regarding potential high yield issuers, including retrieving publicly-available information on companies, identifying and profiling comparable issuers, etc. This will entail using various data sources, including Bloomberg and AdvantageData.
- Oversee the preparation of and take responsibility for the weekly market updates for origination. This will entail reviewing information of deals being done away from us and summarising the information in concise reviews, which will then be distributed to origination
- Maintain / organise the significant amount of data that comes through to us in a manner that can be used and accessed by all members of the team
- Cover the desk (from an origination perspective) when other senior members of the team are travelling or are otherwise pre-occupied