Investment Associate Private Equity
- Hanover, Niedersachsen, Germany Hanover Niedersachsen DE
- Permanent, Full time
- NORD Holding Unternehmensbeteiligungsgesellschaft mbH
- 16 Sep 18 2018-09-16
This role will particularly focus on reviewing and executing fund investment and co-investment opportunities, with a special focus on creating new Private Equity teams in Europe with outstanding returns. NORD Holding is a recognized leader in this segment. For our fast growing Fund Investment business, we are recruiting an Investment Associate.
NORD HOLDING FUND INVESTMENTS:
We are looking to expand our team with an Investment Associate to join our office in Germany and to be part of our continuing growth story in the Fund of Funds business. With assets under management of more than €1.5bn, we are one of the leading small-cap investors in Europe with an excellent track record that we have built over the last 50 years.
Nord Holding has a long-term commitment to private equity investing across different types of strategies including direct, co-investments and fund investments (primary and secondary). This role will particularly focus on reviewing and executing fund investment and co-investment opportunities, with a special focus on creating new private equity teams (GPs) in Europe.
To add value as the majority investor or largest institutional investor in emerging managers, our role is a hybrid between a fund investment approach and a direct investment approach. This means that we are very actively involved in assessing and supporting the execution of investment strategies at GP level.
The position is based in Hanover with an option to have 1 or 2 home office days a week - enabling commuting from Berlin or Hamburg. Additionally, as we cover the European market, it is expected that you will travel 20-25% of your time.
- Managing relationships with leading private equity managers to actively source fund investment and co-investment opportunities
- Research and analysis of fund investment opportunities (primary and secondary), with an emphasis on strong performing fund managers
- Research and analysis of co-investment opportunities for our successfully raised Co-Investment Fund
- Analyzing funds down to portfolio company level and assess market trends
- Preparing investment memoranda and presenting to the Investment Committee
- Managing the portfolio in terms of analyzing fund KPI’s and AGM attendance
Qualified candidates typically possess a combination of the following skills/traits:
- A genuine interest in business models and knowledge of private equity
- Great commercial judgment and strategic mindset
- Dynamic entrepreneurial personality with strong communication skills
- Excellent financial modelling skills
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English plus one additional European language
- International academic records
- 2-4 years’ work experience in investment banking, strategy consulting or private equity
When you recognize yourself in the described profile, then we would very much like to receive your CV and cover letter.
NORD Holding Unternehmensbeteiligungsgesellschaft mbH / Christiane Lukas
Walderseestraße 23 / 30177 Hannover / firstname.lastname@example.org