Head of Compliance, APAC
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
This position is a leadership role within the Global Compliance team with primary responsibility for overseeing the Compliance function in the APAC region. The Head of APAC Compliance will be responsible for managing the compliance program in the jurisdictions the firm operates. The Head of APAC Compliance is tasked to ensure that the Asia operations of T. Rowe Price comply with relevant rules and regulation. This position will partner closely with business clients to support the growing business in APAC. This position will collaborate with compliance colleagues across the department to implement key components of the compliance program.
T. Rowe Price group of subsidiaries have operations in Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney and Melbourne. We are also licensed by the regulatory bodies in China and South Korea.
The existence of this position reflects the complex and dynamic multi-jurisdictional regulatory environment in which the T. Rowe Price subsidiaries in Asia operate and are licensed for. Principal Responsibilities
- The Head of APAC Compliance, through their management of the Compliance team in the region, is responsible for ensuring the business conducted within the Asia region complies with:
- Applicable laws and regulations to which the subsidiaries are subject to,
- Internal firmwide and local compliance policies and procedures,
- Contractual obligations.
- The Head of APAC Compliance ensures that the legal entities conducting regulated activities in region are appropriately licensed and that responsible individuals are licensed where required.
- The Head of APAC Compliance regularly reports to the Senior Management and Board of Directors of relevant legal entities. This individual will also act as the Senior Manager in Charge of Compliance for TRPHK and as the firm's designated Complaints Officer as well as the CCO for the SEC regulated entities in APAC.
- The Head of APAC Compliance and his/her function are responsible in responding to question/information requests from regulatory authorities; management of regulatory inspection visits; maintaining knowledge of regulatory developments and implement any required business changes; conducting training as necessary.
- The Head of APAC Compliance is responsible for working with the Compliance teams in other locations on the development and regular updates of global policies and procedures to ensure they cover local regulatory requirements of jurisdictions in which we operate in the region
- The Head of APAC Compliance and his/her team shall act as the compliance representative in all projects and initiatives in the region; work collaboratively with business unit representatives to ensure regulatory/compliance risks and considerations are addressed
- Provides consultative support and advice on Code of Ethics and Conduct ("Code") related matters, other global compliance policies & procedures and gives advice and interpretive guidance on compliance/regulatory matters.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS Required:
- Day to day management of the International Compliance function (team located in HK, SG, Tokyo and Sydney). Responsible for the development of the function, recruitment, training, providing feedback and guidance to associates relating to their performance and career development. Effectively mentors and coaches associates to develop and enhance requisite skills. Proactively develops process improvements, monitors resource levels, highlights and addresses potential areas of regulatory risk
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years working experience in the compliance field in HK/SG/APAC/Tokyo
- In depth knowledge of the investment management industry, preferably over 10 years
- Extensive knowledge of SFC/MAS regulatory framework with direct relevant experience
- Good product knowledge - US mutual funds, UCITS products and separate account strategies
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Mentoring, management and leadership skills
- Highly organized and able to make critical, time sensitive decisions under pressure and produce results without supervision
- Ability to handle heavy workload under tight timeframes and prioritize appropriately
- Excellent communication and presentational skills
- A team-worker who must be able to build working relationships and interact with a diverse group of internal and external contacts
- Analytical skills allied with creative thinking.
- Sound project management capabilities
- Familiarity with the regulatory and compliance requirements of the other key jurisdictions in the region including China and South Korea
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.