Senior Manager, Performance, Reward & Benefits, Human Resources, Hong Kong
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Strategy and Advisory
Global processes and operations
- Develop expertise in all performance, reward and benefits ("PRB") issues, acting as a trusted adviser to relevant Country Management Team members and their direct teams.
- Advise on country management compensation, including structuring packages, reviewing new hires, changes to existing employees' contracts, developing high remuneration recruit proposals, mobility taxation and share buy-outs.
- Establish relationships with key business stakeholders, enabling the identification and understanding of business-specific product needs.
- Establish relationships with Country HR Head and Country Management Team in order to lead the reward agenda.
- Participate in the development of PRB products Group-wide, coordinating and championing activities within the respective country and providing feedback into the design of PRB products as they relate to the relevant country teams and client groups.
- Determine areas of focus for the country in relation to fair pay and wellbeing and develop targeted interventions.
- Design and develop country specific benefits, in consultation with the global Pensions and Benefits team to maintain alignment and to ensure competitiveness in the market. Manage the administration of pension arrangements.
- Work with colleagues in the GCNA region PRB team to align on key projects and seek simplification in processes run in multiple markets.
People and Talent
- Collaborate with PRB product teams to achieve excellence in the implementation of PRB products and policies across businesses and functions, seeking to improve understanding to drive business performance and employee motivation.
- Manage year end performance and pay review processes from the perspective of the region, in line with Group guidelines and acting as a point of contact for their respective management teams. Specifically:
- Lead discussions with the business teams in relation to global messaging.
- Coordinate all relevant business communications including performance and pay review key messages.
- Manage other annual compensation processes including budgeting and forecasting.
- Collaborate with all PRB specialists on market pricing to increase the level of consistency across markets, reduce vendor costs and generally ensure data is used in an impactful manner.
- Manage, evaluate and improve effectiveness of all HR products, plans and processes.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of PRB by technology enhancements, migration to the PRB delivery or operations teams or process improvements.
- Participate in compensation and benefit market surveys, analyse results and make appropriate recommendations to ensure market competitiveness.
- Monitor the performance and effectiveness of country reward policies, programmes and processes in achieving business needs.
- Coach PRB colleagues, motivating and developing them to achieve high standards of performance.
- I dentify and articulate forward looking risks for the region. Ensure all geographical specific operational risk and compliance requirements related to PRB advisory are met.
- Support statutory and internal audits.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Work with the Reward Governance team to interpret and analyse reward-related regulation and legislation, reviewing the alignment to internal practices.
- Support decision-making and regulatory discussion on the effective risk adjustment of remuneration.
- Oversee the identification of Material Risk Takers for remuneration purposes for relevant subsidiaries and provide advice on reward structures and governance.
- Ensure matters are considered by the relevant committees to the required standards and outcomes are determined in accordance with appropriate global guidance. Review papers and provide advice to enable reward governance committees and forums to effectively perform their duties. This includes:
- Remuneration Committee
- Country Pension Committee
- Pension Trustees
- Structured Incentives
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's valued behaviours and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Country Business Leaders
- Country Head of HR
- Country HR Business Partners
- Global PRB teams
- PRB delivery and operations teams
- Country benefit providers
- Core reward advisory skills including benchmarking, and compensation packages for hiring, transfers and exits
- Cash compensation including running pay-round including systems, salary planning, job evaluation & promotions
- Expertise in core products including share schemes, tax, international mobility, accounting of remuneration, payroll
- Expertise in reward governance including remuneration regulations, external reporting and disclosures, risk, control and conduct alignment with remuneration
- Expertise in pensions and benefits
- Expertise in financial control and analytics
- Stakeholder management including frontline (business stakeholders), HR and Board / management team level
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Risk management, vendor management and data governance skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.