The BitMEX Trading Technology department sits at the core of the business and handles all brokerage and trading aspects of the platform. The team is responsible for order management, risk checking, position keeping, PNL calculations, pricing (derivatives), risk management, market data distribution, order matching, and settlement.
The Market Data team builds and maintains the firm’s market data platform handling billions of messages per day across hundreds of venues. The team provides critical internal and external highly-available APIs for accessing and analysing real time and historical data. The team is responsible for maintaining the quality of the data, and providing a scalable infrastructure that powers critical business decisions and analysis.
The Trading Analytics team is responsible for utilising BitMEX’s vast operational and trading data to analyse platform trading behaviour. With an emphasis on automation, the team provides both data-driven reporting as well as well-engineered internal and external highly-available APIs in order to serve internal teams and clients. The team provides data backed analysis and essential input for key business decisions and the future of the platform.
As Team Lead, you are responsible for these two functions.
- Line management and technical leadership of a small team of engineers (2-3)
- Build and maintain a scalable, resilient data platform for storing market data and trading analytics
- Work with internal engineering teams to onboard new market data feeds and analytics services
- Work with internal Products team including Quants and Structurers to provide accessible internal APIs and analytics functionality
- Work with the Core Engine Development team to provide insight into trading behaviour, patterns, and usage of the platform.
- Design and develop existing and new market data and analytics software services to support the trading platform operations and changing usage patterns
- Ensure that all parts of the market data platform and trading analytics platform are running correctly, with appropriate monitoring and testing in place to identify any potential issues
- Identify and implement performance improvements to the market data and trading analytics platform
- You follow good principles of software engineering like TDD, writing modular, maintainable, clean code, and are used to working in an Agile environment.
- Strong engineering skill set with firm grasp of fundamental Computer Science principles and a test-driven approach to software development
- 7+ years programming experience writing high throughput Market Data platforms in KDB+, ideally in FX, Equities or Derivatives markets
- 5+ years financial experience at a Hedge Fund, Investment Bank, or Exchange building market data systems
- Strong knowledge in Market Data and Trading Analytics
- Experience managing a small team of engineers, and leading multiple concurrent projects
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships including managing a book of work
- Experience working in and performance tuning a Linux environment
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities within a fast moving industry and startup culture
- Preferable: experience building microservice architecture systems, test automation, BDD, scaling, client analytics development e.g. TCA, Grafana or similar data visualisation tools
- Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics degree preferable