Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders. Responsibilities
- Lead a team of seasoned compliance professionals to provide all round compliance related advice and support to the Bank's corporate and investment banking business segments (CIB Businesses), including the institutional banking, global transaction services, equity and debt capital markets and M&A businesses. The coverage may further extend to cover compliance advisory for ESG/ Sustainability/Green Finance and GBA.
- Act as compliance manager-in-charge for the equity capital market business. Take ownership and present compliance related findings and relevant regulatory updates to the Board.
- Provide prompt, sound, practical and consistent compliance advice, interpretation and recommendation on laws, rules and regulations and policies related matters to the CIB Businesses segments.
- Work closely with business units and collaborate with other compliance teams to establish and implement appropriate compliance policies and procedures relevant to the CIB Businesses.
- Advise business and related support units on regulatory implications of new projects and initiatives and provide practical and effective actions/ solutions in a compliant manners.
- Act as the main conduit/ interface and foster good relations between CIB Businesses and relevant regulatory authorities (including HKMA, SFC etc.) Handle ad hoc licensing and regulatory enquiries matters.
- Keep abreast of CIB Businesses' direction and regulatory landscape to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop new process and procedure to mitigate the relevant risks or rectify non-compliances.
- Collaborate effectively with other departments (including Legal, AML team, Risk Management, Internal Audit, HR, and Technology & Operations) to resolve issues or provide comprehensive advice in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to regulators.
- A degree in Law, Finance, Accountancy, or related disciplines, and/or possession of legal or accountancy professional qualifications
- Minimum 10 -15 years' experience in:-
- compliance department of a HKMA licensed bank or SFC licensed corporation; or
- a local or overseas banking or relevant financial supervisory body; or
- a legal practice with banking or financial services compliance / regulatory advisory experience.
- Hands-on knowledge of corporate and investment banking businesses and related laws and regulations, understand the spirit and purpose of the regulations and related compliance best practices.
- Ability to identify and foresee compliance issues / risks and recommend appropriate course of action to senior management.
- Ability to understand the business cases, analyze issues and provide innovative yet practical solutions to resolved problems while remain compliant.
- Ability to build trust with major stakeholders and foster compliance culture.
- Ability to effectively communicate with business management and front-line staff to drive compliance initiatives and other relevant process changes / projects.
- Experience to manage a team of seasoned compliance professionals is a definite plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.