Analyst Moody’s Local
Job Description The Role
Analyst Moody's Local role will be responsible for the ongoing credit assessment of a portfolio of issuers in accordance with the relevant methodology. Key Responsibilities
- Conduct a quantitative assessment of financial statements and economic/market data, as well as intensive analysis of bond indentures, liquidity agreements, official statements, and other legal documents.
- Conduct initial and on-going credit analysis on a dedicated portfolio of companies.
- Actively monitor the portfolio and make recommendations for rating transitions in a timely fashion.
- Formulate a cogent rating rationale and present this rationale in a persuasive fashion at the rating committee while leading the committee discussion.
- Demonstrate rating judgment as evidenced by the ability to distinguish among different entities at different rating levels.
- Produce timely and relevant research on specific issuers, general credit trends, or sector related issues that is in-depth, high quality, insightful, and focused.
- Build and maintain high profile relationships with investors and issuers, interacting frequently based upon industry and topical research written.
- Develop Moody's Local franchise through intermediary marketing and visibility initiatives (e.g. conference participation).
- Lead issuer meetings, including presenting key rating factors effectively and asking probing questions that result in substantive dialog about key rating issues.
- Present credits effectively and comprehensively in rating committees and other internal analytical meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Economy or any related field is a must, Master's degree and/or professional title will be considered a plus
- Five to seven years of relevant experience with complex financial instruments and/or accounting principles with at least 4 of those years in corporate credit risk analysis
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication capabilities in Spanish.
- English speaking and writing capabilities are a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities within deadlines.
- Strong abilities in Excel, Word and PowerPointAbility to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.