Lead, Data & Insights - Digital Venture
We're looking for a Lead, Data & Insights, to work onsite within our Digital Venture office. We're a very small, but growing venture, with new and exciting problems to solve. We work in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams.
As a Lead, Data & Insights, you'd be able to work on and solve some of the many interesting challenges we are facing, learn new ways of working, and build delightful high quality products for our customers. Lead, Data & Insights Job Description
We are looking for a superstar candidate to help build and deliver a strategy and roadmap for making us a data-driven enterprise, driving enterprise-wide governance and utilization of information as an asset.
In this role, you will champion data usage, management, insights, governance and quality with a team of data analysts and data scientists. Role Responsibilities
• Drive overall data strategy
• Establish data policies, standards and organization
• Lead team of data analysts and data scientists to drive data insights and modelling
• Lead all enterprise information/data management budgeting and initiatives
• Establish a collection of integrated decision-support applications and databases, providing the business teams easy access to business data.
• Work with the strategic partners to understand their data landscape and how we can best leverage our partnership
• Lead on data sharing negotiations and implementation
• Identify trends and insights, and optimise overall spend and performance
• Drive adoption of data tools and dashboards and data driven decisions
• Work with the compliance and finance teams to ensure regulatory compliance Lead
• Data Analytics: Combine and curate large amounts of transactional data and convert it to usable dashboards for different business units
• Data Manager: Determine, establish and maintain data quality and maturity levels
• Data Governor: Organize and implement policies, procedures, structures, roles, and responsibilities that outline and enforce rules of engagement, decision rights, and accountabilities
• Data Scientist: Develop new insights, advanced modelling techniques and data science capabilities
• Data Ethicist: Maintain oversight of how data is collected, safeguarded and shared and who controls it
• Data Entrepreneur: Drive longer term vision of monetising data or deriving data-driven products and services Support
• Data Developer: Work with the Data Engineering team and Data Architects to design, create and implement enterprise grade data warehouses or data lakes
• Data Defender: Lead cross functional teams to keep data safe from breaches, fraud, and attacks and engage regulators to ensure adherence to data safety rules Our Ideal Candidate:
• Bachelor's and/or advanced degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Informatics, Information Systems, or other related fields.
• Proven track record in data management, leadership and information technology systems and tools.
• 5+ years of leadership experience in business intelligence/ advanced analytics with experience using data visualization dashboards, BI tools and working in structured environments
• Experience in rolling out leading analytics platforms at an enterprise level (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Sisense, Thoughtspot, etc)
• 10+ years of leadership experience
• Ability to translate and explain complex models and analytics to senior management and external stakeholders
• Advanced knowledge and experience with best in class data management tools and data strategy design
• Ability to convert business strategy into action- oriented objectives and measurable results
• Ability to develop and manage a budget.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Experience in Agile way of working and tools (Jira, Confluence, Trello, Slack etc)
• Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements Good to have:
• Experience working in financial services vertical a plus
• Prior experience in brokering and implementing a data sharing arrangement a plus
• Startup experience a plus
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .