Market Data Business Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
The Market Data Business Analyst team at Goldman Sachs are responsible for coordinating with internal business teams on the selection of products and ongoing management of the Firm's market data spend with third party vendors. The team provide guidance to internal users on data services appropriate for specific roles, coordinate expense management initiatives and provide data analytics to enable users to manage costs effectively.
The role provides the opportunity to directly contribute to managing the firms operating costs by building data analytics and automated workflow that help end-users to manage their market data subscriptions effectively. You will be responsible for developing data collection, modelling and visualization analytics that correlate usage with user inventories. The role will provide the opportunity to partner with divisional management and business unit leadership teams to implement expense management initiatives. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- Driving strategic initiatives and deliver key programs of work across Market Data and the broader division
- Your detailed knowledge of market data vendor products and an understanding of the Goldman Sachs business functions will enable you to formulate strategies to reduce operating expenses
- Building data analytics using popular storage and visualization technologies to empower market data users to manage their costs
- Interface with divisional leadership and front office users to implement expense management initiatives
- Continually evaluate the vendor landscape to identify new offerings that may increase value and efficiency for our employees who require access to market data
- 2 years minimum experience in Market Data
- Proficient use of tier 1 market data vendor desktop software
- Python and SQL programming skills
- Experience with using visualization software (Tableau, Qlikview or equivalent)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- FISD's Financial Information Associate certification
- General understanding of the capital markets
- Experience of the MDSL MDM inventory system
- Experience of publishing and modeling data with distributed storage platforms such as Hadoop or data ingestion into Snowflake
- Japanese language
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity