Senior PMO/Business Planning Manager
- SGD150000 - SGD230000 per annum + Attractive SGD
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd , EA Licence No: 03C5451
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
A new Senior PMO/Business Planning Manager job based in Singapore has just become available at a leading global investment bank. In this role, you will be part of a new team responsible for portfolio governance across the highly-prioritised financial markets technology investment programme.
About the Senior PMO/Business Planning Manager Role:
As part of the creation of this new team, a new opportunity for a portfolio level PMO has been created. This new role will be looking to support the existing FM IT management team as well as providing aggregated, portfolio level information to the head of FM IT.
Based in Singapore, this role will report to the Head, FM IT Strategy and Planning but will need to have strong working relationships with the FM IT Management Team as well as the PMO leads that support them.
- Provide summary and detailed portfolio level views of financials, headcount, budget approval status and ensure that this information is accurately captured systematically; experience in relocation strategy, resource allocation and vendor management, coupled with strong financial/budgeting experience is extremely crucial
- Work with business and technology stakeholders to ensure that we have a good view on the drivers behind all costs including headcount, infrastructure and vendor spend
- Proactively identify and close issues impacting the ability to automatically generate key financial reports
- Drive a process improvement programme across financial management to ensure that the bank is constantly moving forward and removing barriers for achieving success
- Work with the FM IT Management Team to drive standardisation of portfolio data using the bank's standard tools (Clarity, PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Financial cost management - Ensure the programme consistently remains within agreed tolerance levels on budget to actual variances
- Headcount monitoring
- Ensure adherence to programme standards (e.g. progress reporting, risks and issues, change control, configuration management, etc.) across the work streams
- Ensure effective risk management procedures and early warning systems are in place for programme managers
- Ensure that the team is developing process and procedures that support the management of a hybrid portfolio of projects covering waterfall and Agile projects
To succeed in this Senior PMO/Business Planning Manager role, you should be very hands-on and have strong knowledge of the portfolio to be able to add value.
- Over 10 years' experience in programme management in an investment banking environment on large-scale change programmes
- Thorough understanding of the project life cycle, ideally with a mixture of traditional and Agile methods
- Excellent organisational, problem-solving, and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to challenge the status quo and the determination to drive through changes
- Excellent networking skills - this role will rely on gaining the support and trust of the FM IT management team and the wider PMO teams to ensure that the portfolio consolidation is simple
- Candidates with no banking experience are strongly encouraged to apply
This is a leading global investment bank that needs no introduction.
If you are seeking a challenge in the next phase of your career with an industry leader, this Senior PMO/Business Planning Manager role will be a good fit for you.
Apply today or contact me for a confidential discussion.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1332085 Valerie Corera