Software Engineer - Wavefront Engineering - AREA
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Developer Experience enables engineers to deliver services, products and platforms for their business. Increasingly the firm relies on technology to achieve its commercial goals and deliver value to shareholders through innovative technology solutions. To achieve these ambitions, we must be able to empower our talented engineers by providing a developer environment that is attractive, matches their expectations, keeps them engaged and productive.
Developer Experience is responsible for Goldman Sachs' mission critical production platforms including:
- Private and public cloud computing platforms
- Distributed scheduling
- Security and critical infrastructure services
- API platform
Our aim is to innovate and drive technology solutions that will impact the bottom line for the firm. By joining us, you will be part of a diverse global technical team focusing on solving critical business problems.
Work on a multi-year initiative to build out our strategic, highly scalable and resilient SDLC platform using cutting-edge technologies and streamlining processes for our engineers across the firm. AREA
You will be part of AREA, a global team of Java/Python developers who manage a Maven-compliant artifact repository serving build-time dependencies and runtime deployables for automated build and deployment systems, and thousands of software engineers in the firm. Join us as a senior engineer part of the core team re-architecting and delivering the system for public cloud utilizing Amazon Web Services / RDS / S3 / Lambda / Serverless. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Be part of the core team to drive strategic uplift of core SDLC platforms to increase throughput, latency, scalability and resiliency
- Build strong relationships and enjoy collaboration with other high caliber engineers open to adopting new ideas
- 5 years of professional software development experience in one of Java, Python, Go, or similar
- Highly knowledgeable about running critical business applications on Linux
- Knowledgeable about networking (TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, HTTP, SSH, etc.)
- Experience with relational databases
- Strong problem solving / analytical skills
- Team player, eager to work in a global organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly entrepreneurial and motivated
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 8 years of professional software development experience in one of Java, Python, Go, or similar
- Experience with public cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services / Lambda / Serverless
- Experience in architecting horizontally scalable systems with knowledge of elastic compute and distributed systems patterns
- Experience with build systems (Maven / Gradle)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity