2022 is an exciting year for technology professionals to join CME Group following the recent $1bn equity investment from Google. CME Group has also agreed a long-term partnership with Google to migrate our technology infrastructure to Google Cloud in a visionary partnership to transform the global derivatives markets through technology.
"Bringing together CME Group's best-in-class financial talent with Google Cloud's deep engineering expertise will help accelerate technological innovation in capital markets infrastructure." - Thomas Kurian, CEO, Google Cloud.
The Snr Release Manager/Scrum Master
is a pivotal figure in the successful operation of the teams they work with. The successful candidate will be a highly-motivated, well-organised individual with strong communication and collaboration. They will be responsible for leading Scrum based ceremonies across multiple development teams and promoting adoption of SDLC best practices whilst supporting the planning and execution of projects. They will understand application dependencies and manage release cycles, and will enable prioritization decisions between business stakeholders and application teams. Principle Accountabilities:
- Manage and support Scrum based activities - sprint planning, daily scrum, backlog refinement and retrospectives
- Contribute to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization
- Help identify and resolve impediments or roadblocks within the team
- Lead project estimation and planning activities at the team level
- Facilitate prioritization decisions and trade off discussions between technology and business stakeholders
- Work with business stakeholders to manage expectations around commitments, priorities and schedule changes
- Support LCAB reviews and release readiness activities in preparation for UAT/production deployments
- Manage team forecasts to enable portfolio discussions around project capacity
- Facilitate prioritization of security and compliance work as part of the release cycle and contribute towards a stronger security-focused culture
- Approx. 5 years of experience in IT with experience as an Agile Practitioner
- Experience executing Scrum and Kanban based methodologies.
- Ability to flex approach based on the needs of the team
- Strong knowledge of IT business processes and practices
- Excellent oral, written and collaborative communication skills
- Familiarity with DevOps principles, TDD (Test Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) a plus
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and PowerBI a plus
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.